Advice Request in windows safe mode How to stop kaspersky from blocking svchost.exe

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anniyan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 26, 2015
My laptop is under severe malware infection for the past 6 months. Windows 10 64 bit home. The malware is using critical system files for its operation. But the digital signatures are intact. The malware is recording all activity. I did not try much to remove the malware coz of lack of time and my personal data was yet to be migrated from the laptop. And that is my mistake.

The immediate problem is that i had foolishly added the c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe to untrusted group and now windows is stuck at black screen and wont boot. It can boot to safe mode, but kaspersky won't let me change application control settings on safe mode. Restoring the kaspersky's default settings inside safe mode did not help too.

Now my immediate requirement is to make windows bootable again by removing svchost from untrusted list in Kaspersky. Kaspersky technical support says that this setting cant be changed inside safe mode.
Anyone knows a way to do this? This is quite an emergency.

Thanks in advance to anyone who would be kind enough to help.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My laptop is under severe malware infection for the past 6 months.
Please open a new thread following the link below, where you can receive Malware Removal help from an Expert.

I am closing this thread to avoid any wrong information given by non-authorised members.

Reactions: upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.