Advice Request Incompatibilites between your third-party AV and Core Isolation: Memory Integrity?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I personally never expierienced any issues so far but as Sophos tends to have some incompatibilities with quite a few of applications I just wanted to ask what you experienced so far. I know that SpyShelter's driver is incompatible for example but I am not aware of any other security software that has problems with it. Would you guys only keep it enabled when relying on Microsoft Defender or should it also be enabled when running third-party AVs?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Absolutely incompatible is Kaspersky because it uses its own hypervisor.

When I used F-Secure Safe I did think it was compatible, but when using the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool I noticed in the logs that there was an incompatibility with a file from F-Secure.
But that didn't cause any issues with F-Secure.
Does that mean F-Secure is incompatible with Memory Integrity?

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Did you search their forum?
Didn't find anything anywhere, forums included. Even tho there is no big error message or something like that popping up when enabling memory integrity I still think that it could still cause some modules of Sophos not to work properly and I don't really want to risk it. Strange that there is no discussion on this topic for any other AV out there. Either there ain't any problems reported or pretty much nobody uses memory integrity.

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Sophos Home support. My name is XXXX and I will be assisting you.

I understand you are wondering if Sophos works fine with Windows memory integrity is turned on. I'd be happy to advise you on this.

We haven't heard of issues when Windows integrity feature works with Sophos Home. However we do not recommend having multiple similar security software installed on the computer as it may conflict and cause issues.

As long as Sophos Home running properly, it should protect your computer from malicious activities. Therefore it is optional to turn on the memory integrity feature.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to get back to us if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a great rest of your day.

Kind of expected such an unqualified answer. I will just keep it disabled to be on the safe side.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.