Advice Request intel drivers for 9th gen CPU?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am looking for Windows 7 drivers for i7-9700, especially the graphics drivers. Any ideas? I already downloaded what was available from ASUS for my mobo.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Check the Intel support website.

The driver assistant says it detects nothing. Intel is not offering Win7-compatible drivers for 8th and 9th gen CPUs. They simply dropped support.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Any luck with

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I did some searching and didn't come up with much either. It seems like the workaround that @Spawn posted might be the only option. Unfortunatlly this will most likely become the new norm, especially since MS has stopped supporting W7.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Any luck with

thanks, will check it out.
Someone made a modded driver that might work for me

Reactions: harlan4096

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Intel doesnt officialy support Core 9th gen CPUs on Windows 7, you should move on to Windows 10 to fully enjoy this processor.
I have a multi-boot system with Windows 10 and Ubuntu.
The following probably sounds laughable, but I bought a fax modem on AliExpress that I could not get to work on either of those OSes, and I couldn't get a refund either. And I really want to use the fax modem. So yesterday, I added Windows 7 to my arsenal, and voila, it works!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Would it have been possible to have used Windows 7 as a guest OS under VirtualBox, with access to the fax modem hardware?

Plus, Windows 7 would be protected by your Host saving on a few resources and snapshots.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Would it have been possible to have used Windows 7 as a guest OS under VirtualBox, with access to the fax modem hardware?

Plus, Windows 7 would be protected by your Host saving on a few resources and snapshots.
VirtualBox saw my fax modem but was unable to capture it. :(

Reactions: roger_m and Ink

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Try this?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
In the meantime, I got my fax modem working on Windows 10 by means of a Windows 8 driver.
But regarding the quest that this thread is about, the graphics driver for Windows 7 is here:
post #25

I now have full functionality, and amazing benchmarks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    60.6 KB · Views: 162

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.