Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelrod Sven

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 11, 2016
So I recently won a BitDefender product key from the MalwareTips Giveaway section, and I wasn't sure whether I could install it on my Android or not. So I decided to ask...

-----

Dan Caloianu is from BitDefender Tech/Chat License Support.

Formatting changes made for making this easy to read. Content is as original.

-----

Dan Caloianu: I can see that this is a Total Security key, only for 3 Windows devices.
However, you can upgrade that for free, to the Total Security Multi Device for 5 devices, which can be installed on Windows, Mac and Android.

Me: for free? How can I do that please?

Dan Caloianu: The only requirement for this is that the key has to be activated on your account.

Me: activated on my account..meaning?

Dan Caloianu: You have to activate the key in order to modify it.

Me: Okay

Dan Caloianu: When you activate it, you can contact us and we will upgrade the product.

Me: Is this a limited time offer?

Dan Caloianu: No. We can always modify it.

Me: So when I activate the license, I can call Bitdefender support and request it to be upgraded automatically to a 5 device multi-device product?

Dan Caloianu: Exactly.

-------
In other words, you can buy a 3-PC license for whatever price you could possible get in your region - and upgrade it to a 5-device key, for free!? Maybe purchase two 3-PC license and protect 10 devices? Obviously no user has that many devices but it has interesting possibilities...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.