Solved Internet Connection gone after laptop goes to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerohaxxis

Thread author
Jan 25, 2014
Every time my laptop goes to sleep and I get back on.... the internet connection is gone. I usually have to use my fn key and turn my wireless hotkey on my keyboard on and off to trigger it to work again. Sometimes I have to right click on my wireless internet connection and select status to diagnose it... then it will show the yellow triangle and then eventually it starts to go back to normal. It never used to do this, what is wrong? Sometimes I just restart my computer instead because its easier and less of a hassle.

- Its not my internet connection or my wireless router. It only does this when my laptop goes to sleep. Kinda annoying because I'm on and off my laptop throughout the day sometimes and I dont like to shut er' down constantly.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Go into the Device manager and find your adapter , click on it , then go to power management and change the option there to not let it to be turned off.
fh-pifhchtdqbtjfzepjjhl.jpg

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Zerohaxxis
Upvote 0

Zerohaxxis

Thread author
Jan 25, 2014
Awesome! I never thought about doing this. Didn't realize there was an option for this but I knew it was something like that. Thanks much... It's been driving me nuts for months! :)

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

Zerohaxxis

Thread author
Jan 25, 2014
Okay so theres another issue that im clueless about. In my device manager under network adapters i have 3 adapters...

1 - Microsoft Virtual WiFI miniport Adapter
2 - Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter
3 - Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

I dont use the 3rd adapter. Im wondering what is the first adapter. So the first time my wireless adapter (2nd one listed) wasn't checked in the properties under power managment but the (1st one listed) was checked.... That was the one that I unchecked. I figured it would work because It's the only thing I didn't check or knew about.

The issue is: I tested it and put my computer to sleep manually and my internet connection wasn't connecting automatically. Does the 1'st adapter listed even matter? What is it? It now has a triangle on the little tiny icon and wont let me change the power management. Here is some pics.

I use a wireless router so obviously I use the 2nd adapter listed but the only one that is still checked is the 3rd adapter which I dont use.

Thanks...!

Attachments

• Device manger pic 2.jpg
    Device manger pic 2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 517
  • Device Manger Pic.jpg
    Device Manger Pic.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 540
  • Pic 3 adatper settings.jpg
    Pic 3 adatper settings.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 532
  • Pic 4 Adapter .jpg
    Pic 4 Adapter .jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.