Battle Internet/Total Security Suite of the Year 2017 [Nominations Thread]

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
As the Free Antivirus of the Year nominations are underway let's see how their paid counterparts fare.
  • The winner will be decided in 2 PHASES.
  • This thread will be a NOMINATION THREAD.The 5 most nominated products from this thread will be considered for the POLL THREAD in the next phase
  • How many products can you nominate? : You can nominate atmost 2 products [only free]. It can be Internet security or Total Security products
  • This thread will be closed on 23-12-2017 and a new poll thread will be opened for the second phase from 23-12-2017 to 29-12-2017.
  • The WINNER will be declared on 30st Dec 2017.
Am including only IS/TS suite's because technically they will be better than their antivirus counterpart.
Anyways Good luck!

Last edited:

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Norton Security Premium & KIS

BDTS still slows down my network and internet access a problem that's been unresolved since 2014/15. So it's not in my top 2 list.

I am happier with NSP (includes online backup, has great support and is rock solid) than either of the abovementioned products. And the renewal price Symantec offered me (3 years, 10 devices) back in '15 made it a far more sensible option. All that said it's probably gonna be Emsisoft when I renew mid '18. :) Lets see.

Reactions: ZeroDay and Syafiq

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
The 2 best in my opinion as well as Comodo IS. I don't think any other internet security or total security comes close to those 3. In my opinion Norton can only hope to be as good as those three in the consumer market.
Some say that Emsisoft is an overrated product due to its lower score in the recent AV-Comparatives Real-world test results for November 2017. However, I disagree due to the reason that that test was focused primarily for URL filtering. Emsi has good signatures and a superior Behavior Blocker to compensate for its imperfect url protection/web filtering.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Kaspersky or Avira best ratio....... while i dont have trus of this spying software by RUS so i will go Avira or F-Secure which is also nice.

Emisoft have poor ratio its only good becasue have nice bahavior blocked wich work more like anii-exe and block from up all unknow exe but not mean it know what is virused......

But from my Side i preffer do custom build which is more effective and more light.
SSFW/Appguard + SD/Sandboxie + SecureAPlus or swap 1st thing with scotty bundle <3

Reactions: Syafiq and ZeroDay

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
So the final results for the nominations are out, thanks to all for your votes. :) The Top 5 highlighted products will finally contest in the next phase for the Internet/Total Security Suite of the Year 2017. Do vote in the poll and let's see who all wins the bet :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product (Votes)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaspersky (21)
Emsisoft (11)
ESET (11)
BitDefender (5)
G-Data (3)

Comodo (2)
Norton (2)
Avast (1)
Avira (1)
F-Secure (1)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.