Battle Internet/Total Security Suite of the Year 2017 [Nominations Thread]

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
As the Free Antivirus of the Year nominations are underway let's see how their paid counterparts fare.
  • The winner will be decided in 2 PHASES.
  • This thread will be a NOMINATION THREAD.The 5 most nominated products from this thread will be considered for the POLL THREAD in the next phase
  • How many products can you nominate? : You can nominate atmost 2 products [only free]. It can be Internet security or Total Security products
  • This thread will be closed on 23-12-2017 and a new poll thread will be opened for the second phase from 23-12-2017 to 29-12-2017.
  • The WINNER will be declared on 30st Dec 2017.
Am including only IS/TS suite's because technically they will be better than their antivirus counterpart.
Anyways Good luck!

Last edited:

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
G Data Internet Security e Emsisoft Anti-Malware, it was with these two that I had the best experience with antivirus, both in performance and protection (both have the best BB in the market), and still have the support of Emsisoft, which is the best. I have two machines and one is G Data and another Emsisoft, I do not change them for nothing :)

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Personally, I found Kaspersky internet security is the best av!it has Ai+cloud+sig+App control(which contains predefined hips rules+anti EXE(if you disable the trust dig signed list option)+friewall+lock down mode(if you enable the Tam)+BB+anti Exploit and more... everything is there! yo, don't need anything with Kaspersky!
My second chose is Eset because it has great cloud and hips and support ofc!

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For ISS/TSS one has to look at the capabilities of its FW, HIPS/BB, anti-ARP/DNS/IP/MAC spoofing, ATP, EFI scanning/protection, DDoS detection/protection, process defense system, NetBIOS protection, botnet protection, other network protection features etc. besides its strong malware protection. How many labs conduct tests on these features or does MT Hub here does that to evaluate such features?

If simply selecting an ISS/TSS because it has strong malware protection then might as well choose the AV will do.

BTW, I'm also curious how MT users here select an ISS/TSS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

For ISS/TSS one has to look at the capabilities of its FW, HIPS/BB, anti-ARP/DNS/IP/MAC spoofing, ATP, EFI scanning/protection, DDoS detection/protection, process defense system, NetBIOS protection, botnet protection, other network protection features etc. besides its strong malware protection. How many labs conduct tests on these features or does MT Hub here does that to evaluate such features?
They don't because classic Home Users/SMBs don't need those features.

Reactions: ZeroDay

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.