Battle Internet/Total Security Suite of the Year 2017 [Nominations Thread]

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
As the Free Antivirus of the Year nominations are underway let's see how their paid counterparts fare.
  • The winner will be decided in 2 PHASES.
  • This thread will be a NOMINATION THREAD.The 5 most nominated products from this thread will be considered for the POLL THREAD in the next phase
  • How many products can you nominate? : You can nominate atmost 2 products [only free]. It can be Internet security or Total Security products
  • This thread will be closed on 23-12-2017 and a new poll thread will be opened for the second phase from 23-12-2017 to 29-12-2017.
  • The WINNER will be declared on 30st Dec 2017.
Am including only IS/TS suite's because technically they will be better than their antivirus counterpart.
Anyways Good luck!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Then how users select their ISS/TSS? Based on having solid malware protection alone + some home features for TSS?
i was a repair guy before, when i talked to my customers about what kind of features they like in an AV to protect them , 100% replied "detect and remove is enough" , home users don't care of all the "HIPS", BB", "anti-exploit", SSL/TLS , web filters and whatever fancy features, we, "security geeks" put values in. Home Users don't even know what they are or even care to know and definitely don't want be annoyed by them.

For most classic users : computer = MS Office + social media + Gmail + Youtube + Games + 1-5 apps they like. the rest they don't care much.

Last edited by a moderator:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
i was a repair guy before, when i talked to my customers about what kind of features they like in an AV to protect them , 100% replied "detect and remove is enough" , home users don't care of all the "HIPS", BB", "anti-exploit", SSL/TLS , web filters and whatever fancy features, we, "security geeks" put values in. Home Users don't even know what they are or even care to know and definitely don't want be annoyed by them.

For most classic users : computer = MS Office + social media + Gmail + Youtube + Games + 1-5 apps they like. the rest they don't care much.
I'm talking of MT users and since they are knowledgeable and know the differences between an AV and an ISS/TSS I just wonder how they select and vote their choice ISS/TSS?

Reactions: ZeroDay

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Won't be available so fast
So you are not protected:D The av you paid for it left you without protection -_- that's why i will never pay for any av!if there is an av that can help me on Quantum attack then I will pay for it xd!why would I pay 50$ when they cant protect me against such things?!for what reason you ppl pay for Avs?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
So you are not protected:D The av you paid for it left you without protection -_- that's why i will never pay for any av!if there is an av that can help me on Quantum attack then I will pay for it xd!why would I pay 50$ when they cant protect me against such things?!for what reason you ppl pay for Avs?
So what software can protect you from a quantum attack? Like to share with us?

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.