Votes: 39 44.3%
  • MalwareTips Dark (black) theme

Votes: 49 55.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tani

Level 8
Were you logged in when you were trying to view the images?
yes sir I'm still logged in still can't view any of the attachments in this thread, was able to view attachments in an other thread out of this section, may be something related to permissions in Front Desk forums for our usergroup

Exterminator

Super Moderator
Staff member
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
yes sir I'm still logged in still can't view any of the attachments in this thread, was able to view attachments in an other thread out of this section, may be something related to permissions in Front Desk forums for our usergroup
Sometimes permissions get changed either accidentally or during updates to the forum software.@Jack will take care of it

I tend to like dark in forums, because it helps eyestrain. But I think this is too much of a good thing. A little brighter would be better.

Usually I use my own theme here, via local CSS, which tones down the brighter elements of the standard theme. I'll try this for a while. Thanks.

Addendum: yes, the colors on the front page and the form pages are way too muted for my eyes. I need more contrast than this.

H

hjlbx

@Jack - a greater value for lettering would reduce eye-strain while using Dark theme.

Value = brightness.

Blue and grey lettering not quite bright enough...

Of course, this will be highly variable from user system to user system dependent upon monitor, graphics and power settings.

I have new i7 system using 4500 graphics with above average quality monitor and High Performance power settings.

Here's a shot of my css. I basically darken the background a little, and I narrow the thread column to make for shorter line lengths, both of which I find make reading easier. I haven't spent much time on the css, it's pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.