Verified
Nov 25, 2014
cannot view the attachments
k1TVjZG.png

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Were you logged in when you were trying to view the images?
yes sir I'm still logged in still can't view any of the attachments in this thread, was able to view attachments in an other thread out of this section, may be something related to permissions in Front Desk forums for our usergroup

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
yes sir I'm still logged in still can't view any of the attachments in this thread, was able to view attachments in an other thread out of this section, may be something related to permissions in Front Desk forums for our usergroup
Sometimes permissions get changed either accidentally or during updates to the forum software.@Jack will take care of it

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I tend to like dark in forums, because it helps eyestrain. But I think this is too much of a good thing. A little brighter would be better.

Usually I use my own theme here, via local CSS, which tones down the brighter elements of the standard theme. I'll try this for a while. Thanks.

Addendum: yes, the colors on the front page and the form pages are way too muted for my eyes. I need more contrast than this.

Reactions: upnorth and Jack
H

hjlbx

@Jack - a greater value for lettering would reduce eye-strain while using Dark theme.

Value = brightness.

Blue and grey lettering not quite bright enough...

Of course, this will be highly variable from user system to user system dependent upon monitor, graphics and power settings.

I have new i7 system using 4500 graphics with above average quality monitor and High Performance power settings.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Here's a shot of my css. I basically darken the background a little, and I narrow the thread column to make for shorter line lengths, both of which I find make reading easier. I haven't spent much time on the css, it's pretty simple.

p37nHjH.png

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I made some minor but important changes, lightening up the text for more contrast, and now I really like this dark theme. Very beautifully laid out.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Reactions: upnorth and Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.