• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Perfect! I actually prefer darker themes. Way easier on the eyes. So I try and use them on every site I visit often.

Thanks Jack! I will defiantly be using this. :)

Abhisek Pattnaik

Jul 12, 2014
I wonder why all those sites in internet don't have this kinda dark theme. It's actually good for our eyes and implicitly saves electricity.
When I create the next site, i'm gonna create a dark theme for it too.

** electricity is saved because white throws a lot of brightness and needs more power.
black is more subtle and needs absence of that much illumination or power.

Is there any link of psychology of the person with the preference for light or dark theme?
Is there any research in this area?
Expecting some psychological links.

But the Dark theme has a floating navigation bar...... Come to dark sideee ...we have more features.... (I'm kidding....I also use the default version :D)
View attachment 15157

The dark version is not for everyone, I'm sure that some users will like more the light theme, while others will go for the dark version....We just wanna it to give you a choice. We will also update the default theme in the next month with some new cool features.. : )

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
** electricity is saved because white throws a lot of brightness and needs more power.
black is more subtle and needs absence of that much illumination or power.

Incorrect. The power consumption of an LCD screen depends entirely on the intensity (brightness output) of the backlight, if you want to save power on your laptop, changing to the black-theme will not help, in fact you will probably use more power by turning up the screen brightness (the brightness of the backlight) in order to see the writing more clearly, thus using more power ;)

Colour is important when talking about power consumption of OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), these are used on smartphones (for example some Samsung smartphones use this technology), so if you're browsing with a smartphone (which has an OLED screen), switching to the dark theme WILL save you battery life by decreasing power consumption.

In fact on OLED displays, the arrangement and colour of the OLEDs is a critical factor when reducing power consumption, so it's entirely possible that the configuration of the OLEDs on your smartphone's display has been one of the things optimised when you get a new smartphone with 70% more battery life. This would show up as subtle differences in colour ;)

Sorry, but couldn't resist the correction (I work as a lighting engineer) ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.