Votes: 49 55.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Which fonts? I didn't add any boldness. I just changed font and b/g colors. Maybe the lighter font color makes them appear bold.

Reactions: upnorth
H

hjlbx

Which fonts? I didn't add any boldness. I just changed font and b/g colors. Maybe the lighter font color makes them appear bold.

Some fonts bold type others non-bold type.

Look closely at bold type of most entries under Security and Software Zone on main MT page; some are regular type and resolve better to the human eye.

I cannot upload screenshot of webpage for some reason; MT editor Upload a File will not accept it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Some fonts bold type others non-bold type.

Look closely at bold type of most entries under Security and Software Zone on main MT page; some are regular type and resolve better to the human eye.

I cannot upload screenshot of webpage for some reason; MT editor Upload a File will not accept it.
I'm confused. The pics I uploaded don't even include the Security and Software Zone. Unless you're suggesting that as an example to change? Here it is:

4.png

edit: I think this is a little better:

5.png

H

hjlbx

Cool. Check my edit.

If you switch to MalwareTips Dark Theme, then navigate to Security and Software Zone part of main webpage, most of the individual links to security softs (e.g. COMODO, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, etc, etc) are still bold type and consequently, the individual letters run together [overlap\merge].

Is anyone else noticing that ?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Not doing that here there is no merging or overlapping.

H

hjlbx

Not doing that here there is no merging or overlapping.

I think it is font size. Sitting 30 " away from screen the letters merge. Have to get up closer to resolve individual letters... and I might be old and decrepit, but my eyesight is 20\20 on the Jaeger scale... LOL.

Reactions: frogboy

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Is anyone else noticing that ?

I see some blur sometimes, and the lessening of font weight solves that. For the stock Dark theme it might help to change your browser's default font. On Windows I use Verdana extensively. On Linux I'm using Droid Sans. You might check it in a dif browser.

H

hjlbx

I see some blur sometimes, and the lessening of font weight solves that. For the stock Dark theme it might help to change your browser's default font. On Windows I use Verdana extensively. On Linux I'm using Droid Sans. You might check it in a dif browser.

I check in both Internet Explorer and Cyberfox. Same in both.

I will experiment with browser fonts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.