Advice Request Intrusta Antivirus - Anyone heard of them?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Interesting test My computer failed,anyone using another security program besides Eset do well in this test? I have Thou preimium home,SecureAplus and Free Firewall complimenting Windows firewall
Then I switched over to my Kaspersky Total security and that bombed this test also,it did pass 1 out of 18,so now I am back to Eset,with secureaplus on a kind of passive mode,and it passed this test with 17 out of 18,still sorry lol what kind of test is this? Take The Test - Test Your Metal by Fortinet

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Then I switched over to my Kaspersky Total security and that bombed this test also,it did pass 1 out of 18,so now I am back to Eset,with secureaplus on a kind of passive mode,and it passed this test with 17 out of 18,still sorry lol what kind of test is this? Take The Test - Test Your Metal by Fortinet

Wait, let me understand, you uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security because of this "Metal test"?

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Wait, let me understand, you uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security because of this "Metal test"?
My license for Kaspersky was close to expiring and ,I had gotten the free 2 year give away for SecureAplus (at this site)and also a Eset Internet security for 2 years dirt cheap , applied Roboman"s configuration and very happy,but yes the failed test did influence me Thanks

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Test result. But the truth is that I don't pay attention to this kind of evidence.

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
totally fake, also site its " not secure " its only a promo tool " .. Fortinet ? never trust on these kind os sites.

Reactions: Cortex

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
totally fake, also site its " not secure " its only a promo tool " .. Fortinet ? never trust on these kind os sites.
Never the less, Only have seen Eset do well in this test,and that not getting promoted here,???

Reactions: dJim

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Never the less, Only have seen Eset do well in this test,and that not getting promoted here,???
Just saying it look suspisious. like " promo tool " . Alot of users here most of oversecure pc´s never will get any kind of real atack directly, that is form big companys.

Reactions: Dave Russo

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Fortiguard "Metal" is a simple EICAR test using different compression formats, just chill guys; this test doesnt say anything about third party solutions protection or capabilities.

Ps: I am a ESET user and dont think it has any meaning if it is passing or failing this test.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
The tests I made with Intrusta antivirus, was simply because I had no documentation on how well Intrusta was performing, so in this case I judged Intrusta inferior, as it failed ALL of the tests, and my normal AV NOD32 took all of them except one. Intrusta use Avira engine? That sound mystical, then it should at least have reacted on some of the eicar files? But then I dont know what and how Fortiguard has manipulated the thingy.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
The tests I made with Intrusta antivirus, was simply because I had no documentation on how well Intrusta was performing, so in this case I judged Intrusta inferior, as it failed ALL of the tests, and my normal AV NOD32 took all of them except one. Intrusta use Avira engine? That sound mystical, then it should at least have reacted on some of the eicar files? But then I dont know what and how Fortiguard has manipulated the thingy.

Thanks for testing it out.

I will now refer to it as "Don'tTrusta."

Reactions: Nevi

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Thanks for testing it out.

I will now refer to it as "Don'tTrusta."
You are very welcome.

Intrusta will not be used on my computer ever. Failing eicar tests? Maybe they would argue, that it don't respond because eicar is no real threat. But I think that is a bad move. eicar was made to let people check whether their antivirus was installed the right way, and responded to different threats. Who nose?:)

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.