Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
ADDED:

PUPs detection to Windows Defender via Registry Hack
VoodooShield Free
Enabled AppContainer lockdown on Chrome
How about adding a Firewall Control program?
Windows Firewall, despite the popular belief, is not enough secure.
Some rogueware or malware can easily get themselves added to WF's exception list.

We've discussed a few more loopholes in WF earlier and its better to have a program like Windows Firewall Control or 3rd party FW apps like Tinywall free or Zonealarm FW free. Each have good control on incoming and outgoing connections as compared to WF.
Their features will enlighten you on their respective benefits :)
And yeah, Zonealarm FW also has a nice process control and alert module.

You know that by blocking suspicious (or obscure) apps' connection, you can shun the plans of many spyware, RW and other unwanted guests.

inuyasha

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
How about adding a Firewall Control program?
Windows Firewall, despite the popular belief, is not enough secure.
Some rogueware or malware can easily get themselves added to WF's exception list.

We've discussed a few more loopholes in WF earlier and its better to have a program like Windows Firewall Control or 3rd party FW apps like Tinywall free or Zonealarm FW free. Each have good control on incoming and outgoing connections as compared to WF.
Their features will enlighten you on their respective benefits :)
And yeah, Zonealarm FW also has a nice process control and alert module.

You know that by blocking suspicious (or obscure) apps' connection, you can shun the plans of many spyware, RW and other unwanted guests.

i was considering adding WFC, but I do not how to configure it. is there any tutorial on here that shows how?

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
i was considering adding WFC, but I do not how to configure it. is there any tutorial on here that shows how?
You can find some tutorials or configuration settings by Google search. I see some sites and some videos regarding that. Here's a demo video by Softpedia (don't have high speed right now, can't verify).
However, only by experimenting will you be able to get your desired settings.

inuyasha

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
You can find some tutorials or configuration settings by Google search. I see some sites and some videos regarding that. Here's a demo video by Softpedia (don't have high speed right now, can't verify).
However, only by experimenting will you be able to get your desired settings.

thanks bro. if i use WFC and configure it right, does that mean i dont need voodooshield?

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
thanks bro. if i use WFC and configure it right, does that mean i dont need voodooshield?
Nah, both provide a totally different set of features.
You won't get the AI results, multi-engine results, anti-exe, sandbox simulation etc that VDS provides, in WFC.
If you're concerned about resource usage, it shouldn't be a considerable issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.