• No

Votes: 36 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PEllis

Thread author
It has been around 7 years since the drama with Malwarebytes, what are your thoughts on IObit today?

Not too long ago I did a reset of Windows 10 and I installed Advanced Systemcare Ultimate. IObit Uninstaller was installed along with it; I didn't see anywhere where I could opt-out. I planned on installing it anyway, but still.

IObit went in the right direction by getting the Bitdefender engine IMO, but they really need to work on their own. According to their website, they have improved it. I don't know how effective the IObit Anti-Malware engine is, though.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Just based on their actions concerning the "Malwarebytes" incident even though it was years ago I wont use them.
I know the uninstaller seems to be a solid product, the systemcare utility I am unsure of because I utilize what I feel to be a far superrior
solution in Kerish Doctor Kerish Doctor 2016 - PC Troubleshooting, Cleaning, Performance Optimization, and Anti-Malware
This is just for me, others may not feel the same, but the software I install I want to be proud to say I use and support them, iobit did
something that violates that trust and left a black mark on their reputation, adding Bitdefender improved their product yes, but it does
nothing to remedy their underhanded business practices (imho).
Thanks for the post PEllis96.
PeAcE

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Ha !

I've just posted about the IO-Bit / MBAM scandal in the Cylance thread ..... spooky ! :)

But yes , I agree about their Uninstaller ... it's one of the best .

Please , I don't want to spark another flame-war about Revo ( and I used their pro version for years )
it's just that IO-Bit Uninstaller seems to scrape up more of the left-overs , with "powerful scan " .

As for the rest of the IO-Bit products ..... erm , thanks , but no thanks !

But do I trust them ? .... No , I probably don't .

Last edited:
L

LabZero

Thread author
How do you mean for "trust"?

Regarding the privacy, we have written tons of posts about chinese companies.
About the reliability I've tested Iobit Uninstaller, good product.
Driver Booster has downloaded a wrong driver but the installation was interrupted and no problem, other drivers are updated positively.
Malwarefighter, well I tested the old version and I don't want to comment, here's my review for those interested.

User Review - IObit Malware Fighter 3.3.0.8 Free Version

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Trust?......Well..No less than a few other currently popular security/optimisation software companies (that I will not name)..
although I do hate having additional (unwanted) software bundled with the one I wish to download.

I have used a few IObit software in the past:
  • Advanced Systemcare: I did not find that it improved my PCs performance.
  • Driver Booster: It was OK
  • Uninstaller: One of the better IObit softs..I was happy with this one. (But replaced it with CCleaner)
  • Smart Defrag: Pretty Good (But I prefer Auslogics Defrag)
  • Malware Fighter (Real Time): Not a Fan (despite the BD engine)...Boot-time increased significantly
I currently have NO IObit software on my system,and no plans to do so in the near future.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
P

PEllis

Thread author
How do you mean for "trust"?

Regarding the privacy, we have written tons of posts about chinese companies.
About the reliability I've tested Iobit Uninstaller, good product.
Driver Booster has downloaded a wrong driver but the installation was interrupted and no problem, other drivers are updated positively.
Malwarefighter, well I tested the old version and I don't want to comment, here's my review for those interested.

User Review - IObit Malware Fighter 3.3.0.8 Free Version
I mean just in general as a company. Would their history deter you from using their products?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Iobit background performance as a company is not already good including MBAM's incident.

Their products are already bind on some isolated issue that still exist until now.

-----------------

So the logic here, once a single problem ignore; sooner it will create huge problem.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do I trust who?
- IObit company..
- China-based software..
- One product of many IObit software..

I assume the 17 'No' votes are based on being China-based software. The users' that have IObit Uninstaller or Advanced System Care didn't vote Yes, why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Do I trust who?
- IObit company..
- China-based software..
- One product of many IObit software..

I assume the 17 'No' votes are based on being China-based software. The users' that have IObit Uninstaller or Advanced System Care didn't vote Yes, why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

I have no hate for different contential area softwares. Every software wherever has some government control over it most likely. I am not a racists and hopefuihopefuilly nobody else is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.