Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok, here we go:
I laughed this off the first time I saw this post, I was bored and drinking coffee this morning and really took a look at this software.
Well with the BitDefender engine it helps to curb some of my critical attitude twords this product,
then I got to snooping in the settings and modules and I am ashamed of myself for being so harsh
in my initial judgement of this software. Have any of you gave it an honest look ?
I am a little surprised at what this thing has under the hood. Granted it is no EmsiSoft
by any stretch of the imagination, but I would like to see v5 tested and soon, this looks very
nice and if it can do what it proposes in all the areas it dabbles in, then it may not take long
for this to surpass MalwareBytes seeing they seem bent on moving back words in their lab.
If you haven't, download this and give it a once over, even if you don't run it or keep it
just humor me and check it out. ;)

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you haven't, download this and give it a once over, even if you don't run it or keep it
just humor me and check it out
You are right, it's no top dog AntiMalware solution, but it shows IObits ability to develop software. I always try the Free version out, even though it never stays installed because I already have too many Security software installed.

Guaranteed when tested, even with Bitdefender it will not perform very well because I don't think it's meant to replace your current Antivirus.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
You are right, it's no top dog AntiMalware solution, but it shows IObits ability to develop software. I always try the Free version out, even though it never stays installed because I already have too many Security software installed.

Guaranteed when tested, even with Bitdefender it will not perform very well because I don't think it's meant to replace your current Antivirus.
Oh yeah, for sure Spawn, I agree. But those of us that run rock solid configs that are sig-free, I can run it and still be very well protected. I may run this for a month just to satisfy my curiosity if nothing else.
This would be good alongside a VS & HMPA config, or any other that utilizes a "Default Deny" or similar config.

This being a very young product Spawn is right, it would not be recommended to run this a your primary source
of protection just yet.

Reactions: Parsh

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Oh yeah, for sure Spawn, I agree. But those of us that run rock solid configs that are sig-free, I can run it and still be very well protected. I may run this for a month just to satisfy my curiosity if nothing else.
This would be good alongside a VS & HMPA config, or any other that utilizes a "Default Deny" or similar config.
Even if running a Default-Deny setup, having an additional scanner would be redundant for most users that want a Signature-Free setup. If I wanted I could run Avast in Passive mode, but it would default the purpose of owning a Premier license.

Running HitmanPro.Alert alone without VoodooShield can be achieved, but again, I have a license for Premier. :p

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Are some of you really that brave to install this "constructor" on production machine? I didn't see it coming.. *expecting soon Iobit malware fighter in security configs* :D
You know of "Calculated risk" ?
Yes I do get curious and explore the vast world of Security software, how would I learn
otherwise. With my config, and cloning schedule I am exposed to minimal risk and I know
what I am doing. Plus it never hurts to be willing to break a few eggs to make that omlet.
You bet your shiny bum I am willing to take that risk, not all of us can afford to be scared
it negates learning;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
@_CyberGhosT_ Keep us informed how well Iobit malware fighter works and what you find particulary interesting in it. :)Looking forward to any feedback you can share. :p;)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_ Keep us informed how well Iobit malware fighter works and what you find particulary interesting in it. :)Looking forward to any feedback you can share. :p;)
Weather your serious or not, I sure will.
Seeing it is in Beta it may a while before I give concrete feedback though.
They may fall flat on their face with this, but with the initial direction
they took looking good, and "if" they have the "Ability" to listen to their
testers feedback, they just might get this right.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
"if" they have the "Ability" to listen to their
testers feedback, they just might get this right.
IObit do listen to feedback. I reported issues with false positives in the registry cleaner in Advanced SystemCare, and they fixed the issues, and now it has no issues with false positives. I suggested they add the ability to scan for leftovers after rebooting in IObit Uninstaller, and they added that in v5.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
IMV v5 has now been officialy released (v5.0.2.3752), and I just tested it. It installed as the limited free version which does not use Bitdefender signatures or the new anti-ransomware engine. I had an unused IMF 4 Pro key, which I was able to use to activate it, and then I was able to enable both the Bitdefender and anti-ransomware engines. Soon after doing the required boot after ennabling the BD engine, IMF alerted me about attempted file access from some driver update software I use which runs at startup, with the option to allow or deny it. I do not know if the alert came from the anti-ransomware engine, or it IMF now has proactive protection of some kind.

After I updated the Bitdefender signatures, it looked like they are just over a day old.

I ran a Smart Scan, and until the scan neared completion, CPU use was reasonable. It was peaking at 51% and was often much lower. However, when the scan was nearly done, it rose to near 90%, and from there when up to 98%. When the scan has finished, CPU use was still at 98%. I rebooted and ran another Smart Scan. Ths time, it completed much quicker, and I did not have issues with excssive continued CPU use.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
They have removed trials from this version, so that sucks for anyone that wanted to try v5.
Confirmed, no free trial available.

Even from the Free Downloads page, you get the non-activated version.

upload_2017-3-29_16-37-17.png
IObitIMF.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yeah, it seems they know they have something good, and they are getting stingy with
their new toys. Shame on them.
As advertised, Cnet have a 60% discount for the Pro version.
Edit: Showing incorrect pricing in US region. Cheaper to buy from IObit IMF Pro page.

P

PEllis

Thread author
I know Advanced SystemCare Ultimate offers a trial. It's Malware Fighter and Advanced SystemCare combined into one product. Maybe people can take a look at that?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
As advertised, Cnet have a 60% discount for the Pro version.
Edit: Showing incorrect pricing in US region. Cheaper to buy from IObit IMF Pro page.
Yeah, I went to their page and took a peek it is like 17 bucks US here right now, and a
Cnet download :rolleyes:
Sorry I am just having a hard time taking this seriously, but to be fair I will pay that price for admission so that
when I give feedback I won't seem biased. Reply here in a couple days, I'm downloading it now from creepy Cnet.

Last edited:
Reactions: roger_m
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.