Battle Iobit Uninstaller vs Revo Uninstaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It is all a matter of user preferences, Revo Uninstaller used to be the best, but for the last few years development on the free version has basically stopped, they have only added improvements to the paid version. Which makes IObit, Wise Program Uninstaller and Geek Uninstaller better options for free users. I see no reason to use a paid uninstaller when the free versions work just as good.

I still use IObit Uninstaller (old portable version), I really didn't like how they made changes on the current version.

Enjoy!! :D

xxrandomxx

Level 1
Verified
Jun 26, 2014
I choose COMODO programs manager, simply because the method it uses is more accurate than both IObit uninstaller and Revo uninstaller. It monitors the installations of a program and that makes it know exactly what files and registry keys programs dropped on the system.

Oh, did I mention it's free?

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
I don't see why comodo would be better than iobit or revo; from my memories it did the same but was much heavier and not easy to uninstall in a clean way (like for CIS). And the best for the end, it's discontinued as huracan told so any bugs won't be fixed anymore and no further improvments; i won't use a discontinued product in general but it's just my way of thinking, i like when a product live by its updates.

Reactions: soinvisage

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Comodo products are mostly half-finished. You have CIS and its powerful features, and the rest just lives off this fame. And CIS has its own problems as we are aware. Comodo don't maintain their products properly, which is a shame, but anyway, I didn't come here to bash Comodo.

I came to say that sometimes programs make changes after a reboot, or after running, so just monitoring the installation is not enough. Also, even when you use Revo or Geek or another power uninstaller, there is a chance of traces still being left behind, so it is interesting to learn how to use a registry cleaner properly. However, only do this additional step if you have confidence in your abilities to make decisions and revert them if necessary (always backup). Finally, following this be-careful-with-registry-cleaners advice, it is also sound to say that you should always review the files and registry entries that your power uninstaller wants to delete, because there is also a chance that unrelated data may be listed for deletion.

I have not made an in-depth investigation of these programs, but I did compare the uninstallers of Wise and IObit on one occasion, and I found that IObit was more thorough. However, I do not like the way it installs in the system either, so I use the PortableApps.com version (actually for both products, Wise Care has also been going in a direction I don't necessarily appreciate). Geek has that wonderful simplicity, like Revo, but they are less powerful in their free versions.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.