iOS 14.4.2, iPadOS 14.4.2 and watchOS 7.3.3

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I have been using iPhones since 2015 and installing updates over OTA has always caused issues and bugs, at least for me. The site, which I have been using for years, fetches updates directly from Apple, and iTunes does verify the update file which is signed by Apple. I am not sure if you thought that I used “external tools” meaning sth other than iTunes, but what I did is sth that consumes time but spares me from annoying bugs and unwanted issues.
+1 too. I usually use full package to install anyway. OTA is a miss always. Sometimes it fails halfway and needs full reset to use the phone. Might as well update via itunes or 3utools w/o data loss.
I am not installing the update. I am going to wait. Better safe than sorry.
Still on iOS 13.7.
It doesn't make sense doing this. Loading full update instead of OTA need more time and consume more power for no advantage.
Using external tools for important OS updates is also a lot higher attack surface ❗

This should never be done over PC if not necessary.
It doesn't increase attack surface since iPhone by default disables access to PC unless you trust the PC. Moreover you can toggle USB accessories to off and use Itunes wifi sync as well.
They don't consume more power anyway. iOS updating is still like Android 4/5 a slight network issue needs re-downloading and simply wastes times in unpacking and verification. Sometimes you get stuck at White or black screen with Apple logo.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
When I wake up this morning, my iPhone is dead and won't turn on. :mad: :mad::mad:

ah just charge the battery wait for 5-10mins to see if turn on power and the apple logo show up, there are some problem i would suggest a clean install it via iTunes instead of the update on the Phone...
I just updated my iPhone 6s plus yesterday. I've noticed that I can't connect to my wifi network at home. Has someone encountered a problem when updating to iOS 12.5.2?
What? iOS 14 support iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s plus and above..

Gilbert2020

Level 1
Nov 4, 2020
ah just charge the battery wait for 5-10mins to see if turn on power and the apple logo show up, there are some problem i would suggest a clean install it via iTunes instead of the update on the Phone...

What? iOS 14 support iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s plus and above..
I tried all the possible solutions but to no avail... did not work....i will just go to the service center near our office....thank you all

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
When I wake up this morning, my iPhone is dead and won't turn on. :mad: :mad::mad:
Nice. Hope its not planned obsolescence say Apple wants you off 6+ for SE2020. Observed it on iOS 14.0 update on iphone 7 and had to rollback quickly and setup afresh to save the device.
I tried all the possible solutions but to no avail... did not work....i will just go to the service center near our office....thank you all
Have you tried 3utools? It can recover things by dirty flashing new iOS update. Make sure Erase Data is un-checked.
Also, check if you're able to see things on LCD screen by using a flashlight, if so LCD cable might have dislodged or might need display replaced.

Gilbert2020

Level 1
Nov 4, 2020
Ok did you replace it with the new battery? if not thats a reason the battery is drain it need a battery replacement due to old iphone 6...
I have replaced the battery yesterday at the iPhone repair shop. But unfortunately, it's the same problem. Still, the battery was draining fast and I've noticed that the back of the phone is always hot.🙁

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I have replaced the battery yesterday at the iPhone repair shop. But unfortunately, it's the same problem. Still, the battery was draining fast and I've noticed that the back of the phone is always hot.🙁
Disable Siri and disallow access to Siri when locked. Replace it with Google. It stopped battery drain on ios 13.x and its a bummer since this atrocious drain was absent in iOS12. Even some iCloud backed apps causes huge battery drain even with LTE and no wifi, seems strange. So, when I connect to wifi, it gets stuck at 55% and never proceeds further.
EDIT: Try disabling back-tap gesture on iOS14.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I already backup the data from the phone using dr. fone software. I'm planning to go back to the iPhone repair shop and have the phone reset back to factory default.
You can recover it at home using 3uTools by downloading correct variant and model number. Be careful while flashing different baseband ROMs/IPSW since it can render your modem inoperable.

Gilbert2020

Level 1
Nov 4, 2020
Disable Siri and disallow access to Siri when locked. Replace it with Google. It stopped battery drain on ios 13.x and its a bummer since this atrocious drain was absent in iOS12. Even some iCloud backed apps causes huge battery drain even with LTE and no wifi, seems strange. So, when I connect to wifi, it gets stuck at 55% and never proceeds further.
EDIT: Try disabling back-tap gesture on iOS14.
Frankly, I have no problem before until I updated it to the newer iOS. I have no plan of getting a new phone since the one that I have is still usable. Thank you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.