iOS 14.4 - Fixes 3 major vulnerabilities; Update Now

Have you applied the latest iOS 14.4 updates?

• Total voters

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I updated my devices manually after reading this.
It never seems to happen automatically, even though I have automatic updates set. If I had been patient and waited for a while, should my devices have updated by themselves ? After what period of time would this usually happen ?
I never allowed my devices to update automatically. Instead, I update them via iTunes. Doing so gives me the least troubles and issues. I never update using OTA even if the update is small.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
I updated my devices manually after reading this.
It never seems to happen automatically, even though I have automatic updates set. If I had been patient and waited for a while, should my devices have updated by themselves ? After what period of time would this usually happen ?
It's generally a few weeks later. Apple waits a pretty good amount of time between releasing an update and automatically installing it, probably to wait for reports of any bugs they missed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.