Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Coming 16th September 2020.

Release date: 16th September 2020
About: Apple security updates

iOS 14 brings a fresh look to the things you do most often, making them easier than ever. New features help you get what you need in the moment. And the apps you use all the time become even more intelligent, more personal, and more private.​

What's new in iOS 14

Last edited:

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
It works with the old (1st generation) iPhone SE which is great news as that's my device !

However, I wont be installing this for a couple of months until the inevitable bugs are ironed out.
Get ready for the news reports of people's iphones getting bricked.......

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Some truly incredible features to note that showcase Apple's hardware/software integration:
-Mentions in Messages
-Inline replies in Messages, you can scroll up and reply to a specific message
-Home automations
-Face recognition of people in doorbell cameras
-Digital car key and ID support: you can just borrow your car to someone with an iPhone via message
-Automatic switching of bluetooth audio depending on what device you use
-Headphone loudness level in dB!
-Minute weather prediction with Darksky API

But as an Android user the thing that makes me the most jealous is the watch and the way it integrates so well. Still no decent Android watch on the horizon...

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
It works with the old (1st generation) iPhone SE which is great news as that's my device !

However, I wont be installing this for a couple of months until the inevitable bugs are ironed out.
Get ready for the news reports of people's iphones getting bricked.......
I've been running iOS 14 since Developer beta 1 and I haven't experienced anything even remotely close to causing my phone to get bricked. It's been a solid release even through the beta stages.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.