iOS 14 to be compatible with all devices running iOS 13

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
iOS 14 will be compatible with all iPhones and iPod touch models able to run iOS 13, according to information shared today by Israeli site The Verifier.

The compatibility data was allegedly found in a leaked version of iOS 14 and confirmed by what The Verifier says is a "trusted source from the system development process."
iOS 13 is compatible with the iPhone 6s and later, with a full list of models below.
  • iPhone SE (2020)
  • iPhone 11
  • iPhone 11 Pro
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone XS
  • iPhone XS Max
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
  • iPhone SE (2016)
  • iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
  • iPod touch (7th-generation)
The site says that this is the last version of iOS that the iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and 2016 iPhone SE will support, which is no surprise as Apple often provides software updates for approximately four or five years after the release of a new device.

There is no word on which iPads will be able to run iPadOS 14, but if iPadOS 14 is compatible with all iPads able to run iPadOS 13, it will work on the iPad Air 2, 3rd-gen iPad Air, iPad mini 4 and 5, 5th, 6th, and 7th-generation iPads, and all iPad Pro models.

The Verifier doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to accurate leaks with both hits and misses, but French site iPhoneSoft.fr also previously said that iOS 14 will be compatible with all devices able to run iOS 13.

Apple will unveil iOS 14 at its all-digital WWDC event, which is set to kick off on June 22.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I mean, is this really a news? Like "NEWS" about new iPhone release date. Like, they've been releasing new phones the same for years. They've also been releasing iOS the same for years.

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I mean, is this really a news? Like "NEWS" about new iPhone release date. Like, they've been releasing new phones the same for years. They've also been releasing iOS the same for years.

Why are you mad? lol chill out dude me and some people who are a fan of Apple that we like to know about whats new and see if the new iOS support old iPhone/iPod/iPad :/

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Why are you mad? lol chill out dude me and some people who are a fan of Apple that we like to know about whats new and see if the new iOS support old iPhone/iPod/iPad :/

Mad? I'm using iPhone for just 1 year and I know that Apple had exactly the same Fall release schedule and has had same iOS release schedule and support range literally for years. Stating that Apple will release iPhone 12 in Fall 2020 and stating that 99% of devices that are on iOS 13 will get iOS 14 is like stating that water is wet and the sun is hot.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.