Advice Request IP Address Tracking & Comments

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

darb

Thread author
Apr 10, 2021
Perhaps on the fringe of topics for discussion here, but:

I was wondering if anyone knows of any free/open source software that is web based that will allow me, and potentially others to make general comments and share information about suspicious connections to web servers?

Briefly I am looking to step it up from my current spreadsheet where I am tracking suspicious http requests to my websites from within my geographic area. The market is dominated by primarily three ISP providers. I know that there are shadow VPNs and bot nets operating off of residential ISP IP addresses and am trying to slowly track and figure them out. For the most part they fly under the radar of the likes of abuse db and other rbls.

So I figure that I may as well share my information and hopefully get others to contribute also. I am not looking to create a rbl or anything on that scale, just a manageable way to post and sort ip addresses and comment on each one from a website.

Reactions: Stopspying and Ink

darb

Thread author
Apr 10, 2021
Yes, and all the others.

Basically: I know that there are shadow VPNs and bot nets operating off of residential ISP IP addresses and am trying to slowly track and figure them out. For the most part they fly under the radar of the likes of abuse db and other rbls.

Have you looked at these:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.