iPanik's config

iPanik

Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
McLovin said:
Hey, any reason for Firefox instead of Waterfox?

Never really considered the Firefox forks. Firefox does everything I need from it.

I removed ESET from the laptop because it provided lag spikes in games. No greater sin exists!
Considering Webroot or Kaspersky. A little hesitant regarding Kaspersky, last time I tried it (2012 version) it took 500MB of memory.

Z

ZeroDay

iPanik said:
McLovin said:
Hey, any reason for Firefox instead of Waterfox?

Never really considered the Firefox forks. Firefox does everything I need from it.

I removed ESET from the laptop because it provided lag spikes in games. No greater sin exists!
Considering Webroot or Kaspersky. A little hesitant regarding Kaspersky, last time I tried it (2012 version) it took 500MB of memory.

The 2013 Kis takes around 100mb but feels light on the system.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
iPanik said:

You can always give Trend Micro ago there. You might like it you might not. You won't know though till you try. :p

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Nice & Simple Config. I think you should add MalwareBytes or Mamutu in RealTime Protection.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
CIS or Trend Micro should be added to your real-time protection. :p

iPanik

Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
What is the signal-to-noise ratio of CIS pop-ups these days?
Last time i tried it, last year i think, it was still producing warnings for legitimate applications.

iPanik

Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
Avast chose to flag my collection of c++ sorting algorithms as malware. I choose to take that as an insult so sadly it had to go.

Looking for new av.

edit: It was a trial so no big loss :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Was it the heuristics or their Evo/DynoGen (or whatever it's called) that detected your safe, harmless files?

So far, Windows Defender hasn't given you any FPs?

iPanik

Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
It was flagged as Win32:Evo-gen[Susp].
I would love to know which part of the code it didn't like :D

Windows Defender is quiet when i compile on the other computer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.