Troubleshoot iPhone and iPad will not connect to a SSL forcing the use of Google search?

Kubla

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I just noticed something on both Ipads and Iphone we have where I had the default search engines for Safari and Brave were either DuckDuckGo or Startpage and are now defaulted to Google.

When I tried to change it back neither of those search engines will work they can connect to a SSL (secure socket layer) I read online to fix it you turn airplane mode on then off, power off the device, power it back on and reset network settings.

I did that and it fixed it but only for a few minutes then the search engines can't connect to a SSL again almost as if Apple is forcing Google usage.

If you have an iPhone or iPad you might want to check yours as well.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's the affected iOS version?

Are you able to check with iOS 14?

Upvote 0

Kubla

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Did not upgrate to 13.7 was uneasy with that Covid tracker thing I read about but did update one of my iPads to 14 this morning, still got the SSL error, so reset network settings again and no more error so far.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.