Advice Request Is it better to have a throwaway email hosted on GMail, or a one time use email?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

byronbytes

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022
In my opinion, I think it's best to have a throwaway mail on GMail for simplicity. Want to sign up for a sketchy website, or you need to to download something? Use that email just in case they send you verification stuff, or important things. You could always delete the email later. Also, it's a clean slate and you get to use a simple email manager.
But, for security wise, I would have to say the one-time websites because it's a lot less traceable and no data collection.

What would you perfer to use?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
For real life needs i use my main gmail account, for not so needed ( throwaway) account i use my spam email instead

For every game account, ( could aswell be a registered antivirus account) Im always using specific email so its unique and wont be shared anywhere

Reactions: byronbytes

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.