Troubleshoot Is it safe to disable ngentask.exe?

Amvt285

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2016
Hello,

After the recent window's update I've notice this file eating up my cpu% and after researching this problem through I'm not the only one having this issue. I tried all possible solution I could find but it did not work. I even went to task scheduler and let this run through for hours on end with no solution. I'm wondering is this ok to completely be disabled without harming my system? If anybody could shed some light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

What is mscorsvw.exe and why is it eating up my CPU? What is this new CLR Optimization Service?

Windows 10 performance issue

What is mscorsvw.exe? how to disable it from running [Updated] | Techdows

ngen.exe high cpu windows 10 - Assemblies Uninstall Endless Loop

fGwZ91.png

Thank you.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Looks like the answer is found in that last link you posted:
"Download the Easy NGEN Script, run it as admin and select option 1 to do a full ngen run:"
Beyond that you may need to contact MS, but for that fella letting it run untill all tasks were
complete solved his issue. Approaching it in the manner he did, did not create any workarounds
or solutions that may cause later issues, and that is important to notice.
I would not disable it and for very obvious reasons concerning Netframework
but that option is yours to decide not mine. It would not have the task pending
if there was not something to build or repair, keep that in mind.
Good Luck ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd and frogboy
Upvote 0

Amvt285

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2016
Looks like the answer is found in that last link you posted:
"Download the Easy NGEN Script, run it as admin and select option 1 to do a full ngen run:"
Beyond that you may need to contact MS, but for that fella letting it run untill all tasks were
complete solved his issue. Approaching it in the manner he did, did not create any workarounds
or solutions that may cause later issues, and that is important to notice.
I would not disable it and for very obvious reasons concerning Netframework
but that option is yours to decide not mine. It would not have the task pending
if there was not something to build or repair, keep that in mind.
Good Luck ;)

I've executed all those potential solutions with no luck.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
That's the first thing I did actually but it felt like I was talking to somebody in a backroom from India. The answers I was receiving was completely irrelevant to the problem I was having. Let's just say it was really bad.
Well good luck then, when you find the solution your looking for, share it by all means. ;)

Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I used to have the same problem, thus the reason I disable it ever since, it does not affect software, which require NET Framework to run.

Code:
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\.NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319" /Disable
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\.NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64" /Disable
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\.NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" /Disable
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\.NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" /Disable

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.