Advice Request Is Kaspersky Causing System Crash

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Contact to KL Support as I suggested in post#3...

I have 2 KTS2019a and 2 KFA2019a running smoothly without any issues, 2 of them running in virtual machines, 3 of them running in W10 RS4 and 1 KFA2019a running in W7 Ultimate x64...

Reactions: Berny and Weebarra

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Contact to KL Support as I suggested in post#3...

I have 2 KTS2019a and 2 KFA2019a running smoothly without any issues, 2 of them running in virtual machines, 3 of them running in W10 RS4 and 1 KFA2019a running in W7 Ultimate x64...

KFA 2019 doesn't cause this problem on my main system. & in several Virtual machines I've KFA 2018 installed & many of them are behaving awkwardly. High disk usage during update & after reboot, occasional system freeze,etc...

Let me tell you something, after this problem first occurred in KIS 2019, I saw an interesting thing. After every reboot, KIS' web antivirus component,IM antivirus component & Mail antivirus component started greyed out. Then after sometimes it turns green. But now, that ain't happening. but problem is that kaspersky is not causing the problem all the time, so it's very hard to pinpoint d culprit for me.

I thought someone on MT might also be facing d same problem & might have already identified d troublemaker. But it seems, this problem is exclusive to me. Thanks anyway for your time.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Try a sfc /scannow on a Administrator command prompt. This kind of crash is often caused by corrupted network components. It's perfectly possible to have corrupted network components and still be able to connect.

Also if you have any other security software that injects itself in the network protocols try to disable them.

Anyway try to contact Kaspersky support so that they may analyze your dump data.

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
kis 2019 since 1 week here on win10 latest updates. No problems/bugs at all. Only thing i needed todo is to install the cert in firefox manualy. Seems something is wrong with your system or u have incompatible software installed.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Try a sfc /scannow on a Administrator command prompt.

sfc /scannow or verifyonly doesn't find anything... I'm not getting sys component corruption. rather I'm getting drive corruption which can be repaired by chkdsk. I'm not getting this problem all the time, just after certain updates.

Also if you have any other security software

I've voodoshield & simplewall along with KIS...& NVT osarmor...

Anyway try to contact Kaspersky support so that they may analyze your dump data

yea, it seems I've to take refuge in there at last

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
does ksapersky need svchost to update or to do anything update related??? I just noticed NVT osarmor blocked something during last update... here it is

Process: [2752]C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
Parent: [844]\Device\HarddiskVolume8\Windows\System32\services.exe
Rule: BlockFakeSystemProcesses
Rule Name: Block fake system processes
Command Line: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
Signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
It is probably due to some conflicts your security programs may be having. I solved it by removing one of them and doing chkdsk. But your case may be different. It is better to take help of some expert.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
It is probably due to some conflicts your security programs may be having. I solved it by removing one of them and doing chkdsk. But your case may be different. It is better to take help of some expert.

So,you were also getting this kinda problem.Or am I missing something? Now I'm gonna disable or uninstall osarmor to see whether the problem resurfaces or not.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
I have a user in KL Spanish forum that is getting that same SSL issue sometimes with his Chrome...
I also have this Error sometimes when loading certain websites, i've got it here on MT also but not always ..... using chrome and KFA 2019.

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.1088(a). I'm facing an awkward problem, after several updates kaspersky is causing sys crash i.e. Kernel inpage error or I/O memory error. Well,actually those updates which try to update kaspersky's certain modules causing the problem. I'm not being able to pin point those modules. May be, there is some kinda conflicts going on in between its self-defence modules & update agent. Is anyone else facing the same problem or is it just me?

To get to the bottom of it you have to forward the memory dump to Kaspersky development so they can analyze it with the symbol files. Actually, I think Kaspersky automatically uploads BSOD memory dumps, but not sure as to exact details. Read the EULA\user manual. Contact Kaspersky support.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
So,you were also getting this kinda problem.Or am I missing something? Now I'm gonna disable or uninstall osarmor to see whether the problem resurfaces or not.
You may try to do that if it solves the problem but i cannot say for sure and it would always b better to ask some expert or take his/her help.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I suggest you install BlueScreenView. It should be able to tell you what was causing the crash.

If you've had other antivirus software installed on your computer previously, it is possible that there are some components remaining, which are causing the issues with Kaspersky.

i don't have any residual components of any other security programs.

you may check d post #27.Till now I've not faced any problem after uninstalling osarmor.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Do you have AdGuard installed?

Nah... but I do use DNS-crypt & don't think that is messing with kaspersky. Problem arises when it tries to update itself & kaspersky updates itself in various way. Most critical components get updated either after a reboot or during idle state. Most of the crash occur on start-up or after a reboot. At a point, I thought problem is related to hardware.So, I changed my disk & replaced by a new one but problem persists. Now, I'm at my wits' end.
Btw, when I boot to linux, no problem arises. I've antergos & linux mint installed on d same disk. Both are working smoothly.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
It crashed several times after my last post...1st crash happened while os armor(1.4) was installed on my system but rest of them without osarmor. & now I've found something naive but effective to resolve it. It seems certain notifications in network properties of KIS are causing d problem. those notifications are avpui_2018-06-09_00-58-36.png. Now who would have thought some benign notifications might cause such problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.