Advice Request Is Kaspersky Causing System Crash

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Yes, 2nd bug may be fixed re-setting the K2019 config...
yea. but that's not a fix tbh. because when you re-enable those notifications again, the problem comes back. Only workaround is to restore default settings. & not to enable those notifications can't be considered as a fix. Because it's like saying don't use kaspersky. Nonetheless, I'm hopeful that they will find a cure for it. Kasperky pretty fast at fixing this kinda issues through updates. Lets see how long they take to fix this one.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
@harlan4096 the 1st bug which I mentioned can also be found in KTS2019.I've just tested it. It seems just max up those components doesn't cause greyed out startup. Rather if you fiddle furthermore with its components then it causes the problem. Nonetheless, kaspersky's devs need to fix these as early as possible. Till now, I haven't found any protection leveled down. But system crash has become my new friend.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Would you like to elaborate a little bit more?
btw, as far as I understand kaspersky's modules do need .net framework for proper fuctioning, which I have. & if you are considering these bugs as some visual bugs, then probably you should reconsider it.
The file contains vc++ redistributable files that some AVs use if they use Visual studio with apps written in C/C++.
You may try deleting existing .net assembly files and re-creating fresh ones using the cmds below. I won't say this step will fix the issue but sometimes it will fix.
  1. Open cmd/powershell as admin
  2. cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319
  3. ngen update
  4. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
  5. ngen update

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
The file contains vc++ redistributable files that some AVs use if they use Visual studio with apps written in C/C++.
You may try deleting existing .net assembly files and re-creating fresh ones using the cmds below. I won't say this step will fix the issue but sometimes it will fix.
  1. Open cmd/powershell as admin
  2. cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319
  3. ngen update
  4. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
  5. ngen update

Thanks for your efforts. I really appreciate it. But the problem here is directly related with kaspersky's coding, It has nothing to do with .net or visual c++. Recently, I've provided them two big dump files, they are analyzing these. & I'm waiting for their response. It seems patch B only can resolve it. btw, I'm running KIS smoothly as long as those notifications are disbled.

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
After almost 2 weeks they have confirmed these issues persist. & they told me new bug fix regarding those 'notifications' comes from my dump files, I don't know whether it's true or not. But at first they were saying the problem is due to incompatibility & then they considered I must have a faulty disk & now patch B is out for beta testing. Hope, everything goes smoothly.
& btw, the system crash ain't occurring anymore after a database corruption 2018-06-16_19-54-14.png. So,Kaspersky knowingly or unknowingly replaced those malformed updates which were causing the problems. Is anyone else is having these kinda problem (anymore)?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm testing in my real system the current Patch B beta in my KTS2019, and They are updating bases once a day (that is usual with beta testing patches), and not getting so far any corruption updates... but I didn't get them with Patch A...

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I'm testing in my real system the current Patch B beta in my KTS2019, and They are updating bases once a day (that is usual with beta testing patches), and not getting so far any corruption updates... but I didn't get them with Patch A...

you are using KTS2019 & mine is KIS2019. I was sure from the very first that the cause is due to updating process. KTS & KFA was immuned to this problem but not KIS.

btw, is patch B smooth enough? Don't ya think you are taking a bit risk to run it on your main system? Have you bumped into any other bugs?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This patch is probably in an early stage, and as I said, They are updating it once a day... it will fix so many bugs and will add some features (check quote here: Update - Patch B for KAVKISKTSKFA 2019 / KS 2.0 / VPN 3.0 / KSOS 6.0 / KFP 6.5 BETA).

It will very difficult to me to check ALL THOSE BUGS ARE FIXED... but probably this Patch B beta is not enough stable to be installed...

But I can confirm that the bug with Networks blank window in FireWall settings is fixed :)

Hum... bout KIS issues and not KAV/KTS... all of them use the same signatures and updatable modules, so it is so strange... :unsure::unsure: unless You upgraded KIS2019 over KIS2018, anyway...

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
but probably this Patch B beta is not enough stable to be installed

tbh, their patch A ainn't that much stable either. yesterday I was unable to run a vulnerability scan then I found out during update some files got corrupted, then I had to re-install it. Now, everything is smooth enough to consider it as stable, at least for now. If you don't mind can you shed some lights on their updating process.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Yes, them all share the same signatures and "updatable modules upgrades" in general... probably there are some different streams for some special modules which are not in KFA or KAV but are in KIS/KTS, but in general them all share the same main protection updates: Updatable modules beta-testing

"updatable modules upgrades" could be the culprit. Some modules updates were casuing problems in my KIS2018(h) sometimes after the release of KFA2019 with system watcher. It's d starting point, then I upgraded to KIS2019- the severity of crash lessened but not mitigated. In KIS2018 some system crash used to change user rights but in KIS2019 that wasn't the case. I was having some awkward times with KIS, & it took a while to fix d issue.

AS I mentioned, after that database corruption no sys crash has happened yet. I just hope no such case resurfaces again. & thanks for your constant inputs:emoji_ok_hand:(y). I really appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.