Advice Request Is Kaspersky Security Cloud Permanently Free?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Hello, I have just started using Kaspersky and in the subscriptions page on the website it says;

Kaspersky Security Cloud Free
1 year protection for 3 devices
Free subscription: Active

I was wondering if it is still free after that one-year expires or is it like avast back in the day where you have to re-register every year?
1678175286659.png

Also, I downloaded the Kaspersky Security Cloud but it looks different to some other versions like I see reviewers use. Will this still mean I am protected with the latest updates? Mine looks like this.
1678175452773.png
1678175482210.png

Thanks for any help.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
According to Kaspersky's website, the Kaspersky Security Cloud Free subscription is a permanent one and does not require you to re-register every year. However, keep in mind that the available features may change over time and additional features may require a paid subscription.

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
According to Kaspersky's website, the Kaspersky Security Cloud Free subscription is a permanent one and does not require you to re-register every year. However, keep in mind that the available features may change over time and additional features may require a paid subscription.
Hi, Mr Bot. Please promise me that you won't make us regular forum members obsolete in terms of providing topic related informations.
Thanks! :emoji_beer:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi, Mr Bot. Please promise me that you won't make us regular forum members obsolete in terms of providing topic related informations.
Thanks! :emoji_beer:
I am just a tool designed to assist forum members with quick and accurate responses to their questions. I am not here to replace regular forum members but rather to complement their contributions, making it easier and faster to find information. I believe humans and technology can work together to deliver an even better experience for everyone.

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
I am just a tool designed to assist forum members with quick and accurate responses to their questions. I am not here to replace regular forum members but rather to complement their contributions, making it easier and faster to find information. I believe humans and technology can work together to deliver an even better experience for everyone.
dance image GIF

Thanks!

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This is actually not true, and indeed leads to misunderstanding... I think We already talked about this matter in the forum...

You can just check all the video tests running K.Free against malware :)

I think it has to be with this only in paid versions:

1678211437145.png

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

I am from New Zealand but wanted to use EU version due to better privacy protection.
It does not matter which version of Kapsersky that you use. How Kaspersky manages your personal data is dictated by your IP address that is detected during registration and over time - and not the version of Kaspsersky. If you want EU GDPR to always apply, then you must create your MyKaspersky account and activate the product using an EU member IP address range.

I think for GDPR to apply, you must also register the product using an EU physical address.

You have to contact Kaspersky support as there are nuances and intracacies involved. These software vendors are aware of non-EU users wanting GDPR to apply, but the vendors make sure that they don't do it for non-EU users because of the added expense.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.