Advice Request Is kaspersky still good even the newest version

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Snowwolfboi

Thread author
May 21, 2021
Hi Forum i just wonder, is kaspersky still good after they updated it to 21.3, or is it got worse in terms of detect malware. btw is the free version of kaspersky enough to protect u or do u need to pay for kaspersky?

ZeePriest

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
Kaspersky is one of the best if not the best AV out there. Even after the update, it still maintains excellent malware detection rate. The free version is pretty good in terms of protection but as harlan said, it lacks app control and a firewall but among all free AVs I would put it on top along with avast/AVG.

L

Local Host

Kaspersky is one of the best if not the best AV out there. Even after the update, it still maintains excellent malware detection rate. The free version is pretty good in terms of protection but as harlan said, it lacks app control and a firewall but among all free AVs I would put it on top along with avast/AVG.
Windows Firewall is more than enough, and APP Control is not needed for casual users who wouldn't know how to use it anyway.

Kaspersky Free has the perfect balance for the majorly of home users.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Any genuine and up to date version of Kaspersky with real-time protection enabled is capable of detecting and preventing malware.

I recommend using the Free version, then if you need more features use a Trial version of Kaspersky. At the end, you can decide between which version is best suitable for your computer usage.

Remember, your mouse clicks matter - Malware detection does not matter if the end user is the problem.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.