Advice Request Is Manifest V3 upon us already?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Captain Holly

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
I have to wonder...I checked out Chrome tonight, just to see what's what. I have not been on Chrome in a long time. Facebook had an ad for a game that I have never seen before. I even have the Chrome Facebook ad blocker extension and this ad is still there. Up until now I have seen no ads at all on Facebook. The only reason I have Facebook to begin with is to keep up with my daughter.

1641880241066.png

Another site I was on, Irishtimes.com, I was reading about Thin Lizzy, a favorite rock band of mine and all of a sudden this ad for "College Planning" popped up. I clicked the drop down arrow in the top corner and it disappeared but that is not the point. I wonder if Google is up to something here. This one popped up despite my having Ublock Origin installed in Chrome. I checked the same websites in edge and Firefox and the ads were not present in either one.

1641880745660.png

Has anyone else seen this or anything like it? I signed out of Chrome and don't know if I will use it again. I am tired of the ads and spying and other stuff going on with browsers now. At least for now Firefox seems to be pretty straightforward and is not using me for a test subject, as far as I can tell. Sheesh.

C.H.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.