Advice Request Is RGB lighting worth it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is RGB lighting worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Other opinons

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
According to me it would be cool, enjoy it and fun, i dont know if its worth it or not..

Pros: they look cool on something so make you enjoy it and feels good i guess? lol
Cons: they eat more electricity and also they might hurt your eyes

Yea i think its affordable it on depend on what....

of course its safe i dont think something wrong with it...

thats my opinion

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, if you're a fan, it's can be as phabulous as your sense of esthetics. I've seen tacky RGB and very tastefully done lighting.

I looked it up on Amazon: 1 set of (2) LED strip lights goes for about 15 USD and up. So, that's generally affordable. But RGB can be incl. on just about any component, even your power supply. For a Corsair bronze 750 watt, I saw it add about 5 USD to the Amazon price, for eg.

Personally, I find it tacky in general. My PC's motherboard has an RGB controller, I shut it off in the BIOS. I have my Corsair RGB keyboard custom set, that's about all I will tolerate.

Tacky imo
2_550px.jpg
Tasteful imo
1_550px.jpg

As far as fire hazard: ?? I doubt it would be strictly an RGB thing. If the power supply is over-loaded, it will almost always simply shut down. The PSU can be more of a hazard that way, than the RGB.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I have it on several components in my system because that’s what was available, but I leave it off a lot of the time because my side panel faces an outside wall so I don’t see it much. It is nice to easily tell if the system is on, and for some biased lighting. I’m indifferent, I care more about the performance.

Edit: Oh and it’s useful to make sure your fans are spinning on components if you have a glass panel and don’t want to open the case up to check.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
Well, to be honest this is something completely personal. They do not have any harm. If you like it go for it.

Personally I am a minimalist person and me preferred light is "white" for computer related devices. Something similar to what Apple is using.

But if you like RGB, now a days there are hundreds of options to choose from :) and some of them are really nice.

Reactions: Venustus

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I should clarify, I use bias lighting to improve black levels, I can get numerous colors with my lighting but for proper bias lighting you need 6500K, which is of course, (white) or daylight.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.