Advice Request Is there a good smaller alternative to Emsisoft?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

sartic

Level 3
Thread author
Jun 5, 2020
End of one era, is there good smaller alternative to emsisoft?

# -------------------------------
# Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.4.0.0
# Build: 08-30-2022
# Database: 2022-10-10.1 (Cloud)
# Support: https://www.malwarebytes.com/support
#
# Mode: Scan
# Start: 03-08-2023
# Duration: 00:00:04
# OS: Windows 10 (Build 14393.2906)
# Scanned: 32101
# Detected: 0

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Hi,

The only similar tool that is still updated and under maintenance is ZHPCleaner (from what I am aware).
However, it is known to give a lot of false positives, so be careful with it.
Eset Online Scanner is also good against PUPS.

Reactions: Sorrento

sartic

Level 3
Thread author
Jun 5, 2020
ESET put our programs as riskware. We are removing all eset products from our machines now. We do not like products that do not ask the client for decision. It is like putting people in prison because they may be and probably didn't do anything. Kaspersky was also like that year before. And Microsoft still doing this and some talk like WD is good product.
ZHPCleaner failed on my test.
Some kind of alternative is now Norton Power Eraser. I will test it. Norton and symantec as products for me before were horrible.
ADWCleaner was small and very good as 1st scan on machines.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

# Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.4.0.0
# Build: 08-30-2022
# Database: 2022-10-10.1 (Cloud)
# Support: https://www.malwarebytes.com/support
#
# Mode: Scan
# Start: 03-08-2023
# Duration: 00:00:04
# OS: Windows 10 (Build 14393.2906)
# Scanned: 32101
# Detected: 0

Can try RogueKiller. It's free for personal use

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
ESET put our programs as riskware. We are removing all eset products from our machines now. We do not like products that do not ask the client for decision. It is like putting people in prison because they may be and probably didn't do anything. Kaspersky was also like that year before. And Microsoft still doing this and some talk like WD is good product.
ZHPCleaner failed on my test.
Some kind of alternative is now Norton Power Eraser. I will test it. Norton and symantec as products for me before were horrible.
ADWCleaner was small and very good as 1st scan on machines.

Hi,

I thought that you wanted pure alternative of adwcleaner and that's why I mentioned ZHPCleaner. This is not a second opinion scanner like RogueKiller, NPE, HitmanPro (Sophos Scan and Clean), Zemana Anti-Malware etc. it is specialized in browsers hijackers and such threats only. At the moment maybe AdwCleaner, ZHPCleaner and AdsFix are the most updated tools around for such purpose. However, AdsFix isn't updated from a year now, too. Another one but with a lot of false positives is Ultra Adware Killer (part of Ultra Viris Killer - UVK).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.