Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
This is from Andy Ful's "Defender security log":Your IT administrator has caused Microsoft Defender Exploit Guard to block a potentially dangerous network connection.
Detection time: 2026-04-18T06:16:45.006Z
User: S-xxx
Destination: https://www[.]nothingmobiles[.]com
Process Name: firefox.exe
Response from Edge:Event[0]:
Time Created : 2026-04-18 xxx
ProviderName : Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender
Id : 1126
Message : Your IT administrator has caused Microsoft Defender Exploit Guard to block a potentially dangerous network connection.
Detection time: 2026-04-18T06:16:45.006Z
User: xxx
Destination: https://www[.]nothingmobiles[.]com
Process Name: firefox.exe

I definitely am not. Although I notice that all the non-default hardenings of Windows/Defender (via Andy Ful's tools) tend to refer to the IT admin, which in this case would be "me."are you on a managed work PC? The Windows security message indicates that you contact you IT admin.
That would perhaps explain it. You probably have the system wide network protection feature enabled on configure Defender.I definitely am not. Although I notice that all the non-default hardenings of Windows/Defender (via Andy Ful's tools) tend to refer to the IT admin, which in this case would be "me."
Yes, that's correct. This is from Microsoft Defender's Network Protection. It works systemwide under most circumstances outside of Edge (Edge already has SmartScreen). I do not use this with Defender because it's unnecessarily CPU heavy and not very effective. In cases where products like Avast, Bitdefender, ESET, Kaspersky etc. don't even use 1% CPU, it can use 10-20% on my system under relatively heavy load like torrenting or steam download.That would perhaps explain it. You probably have the system wide network protection feature enabled on configure Defender.
I forgot to verify the logs; I also use @Andy Ful's H_C, CD, and FH with recommended settings. The information is there in the CD logs, and I also have the following details, but I am unsure if there was a Windows Security alert for it.This is from Andy Ful's "Defender security log":
Yap, got another alert, like you had in the OP.I am unsure if there was a Windows Security alert for it.
Destination: https://ublockorigin[.]pages[.]dev
Not blocked for me in Chrome, but blocked in Edge (Windows 11).
are you on a managed work PC? The Windows security message indicates that you contact you IT admin.
When you change policies of Windows Updates in GP, you get the same message.I definitely am not. Although I notice that all the non-default hardenings of Windows/Defender (via Andy Ful's tools) tend to refer to the IT admin, which in this case would be "me."
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes