Advice Request Is using Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition a good decision?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is using Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition a good decision?

• Yes! justify your point

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No! justify your point

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Is using Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition a good decision?

How well it performed in MalwareTips virus tests?

Is it using same engine as Bitdefender Paid product?
It use same engine, have very good web filter. It have not options , good detection rate and bit high ram usage .And like all the editions Bitdefender it is buggy.

Last edited:

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I run Windows Defender with Comodo Firewall at CS settings plus HIPS.At some point, I tried Bitdefender Free and got a general slowdown. I excluded each other but to no avail. I disabled HIPS but could not make my system snappy. With help from Macrium, I went back to Windows Defender. In the last 20 years, I never had success with the different flavors of Bitdefender. I was luckier with Kaspersky.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.