Is your computer security knowledge Basic/Medium/Advanced?

Is Your Computer Security Knowledge Basic , Medium , or Advanced ?

• Total voters

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Dear @Logethica, where are the level 0 ? I can't cast my vote.... ;)

I think I am ADVANCED: (Level 1) :rolleyes:
I can code some basically tools, but not currently my security tools :'(

I would say that I'm a Medium Leve3. There's always more to learn!
+10000

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
i would guess the fact that someone has taken the trouble to access MalwareTips probably rules out at least the first two basic levels for most people here.

One requirement for Advanced Level 1 is being the 'go to guy' for all things security related for family and friends, which I am, but that's more a reflection of their lack of expertise - most of them are Basic Level 1 or 2, similar to @Overkill's friends and family above.

My security knowledge has undoubtedly increased significantly since joining MalwareTips. When I first joined I'd say I was a Medium Level 2. I don't do really complicated system tweaks and I've never tested malware, and I certainly don't know everything about how all security software works (as @davisd above says, who can truly say they do?), so I'd say I'm probably somewhere between Medium Level 3 and Advanced Level 1.

I've never worked in the IT industry or had any formal IT training and I can't code.

D

Deleted member 178

• 9.ADVANCED: (Level 3); My level of Computer security knowledge is so high that there is not much for me to learn other than NEW technology. I am on MT more to help others that may know less than me.
Nobody here can achieve this, only Windows top developers, or nation-state professional hackers (that knows all the OS weaknesses and attack vectors) can pretend to qualify.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You see, this one of the primary reasons why these options were removed from the Security Configuration Wizard. You cannot tell for certain x member has x level of computer security knowledge, and not everyone has the same interests when it comes to categorising experience into levels. Security is a broad term, that's why I opt-out from categorising myself from something I am not, or cannot guarantee. How do you categorise Human Error?

You never know too much because of Quantum Computing and Cryptography.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.