Is your Internet slower?

Is your Internet slower?

• Total voters

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Okay, thanks, I added my fast.com score.
Something not right there, I get a better upload than my ISP gives me 🤔
Btw, I forgot that fast.com is owned by Netflix. So, if in case anyone's ISP provide extra speed on Netflix than regular sites then even the result here would differ than the real one. For example: My ISP gives extra download speed on every google's services like YouTube, Gmail, PlayStore, Google product updates, etc. In those case the best way to measure the download speed is to download a program from internet.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Nowadays it is pretty good, no problems whatsoever.

Capturar.JPG

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
My ISP is generally fast (75mbps fiber) but every 3-4 weeks there are 30min where my connection slow downs to 5mbps with 30% packet loss. The real problem that most people suffer is called bufferbloat (ping spikes when everyone else is using the connection).

I'm using a really simple QoS approach in my Mikrotik router, no real prioritization like CAKE or fq_codel in OpenWRT but it works pretty well at the cost of losing some brute speed (It's expected to get fq_codel in a future ROS 7.x release just like they did with DoH recently).

Before (ignore the 480mbps up bug, I measured the wan interface speed from winbox and it's just 76mbps)

1589145925996.jpeg

After (shaper set to 68/70 mbps), notice how the ping mantains between 2-13ms compared to the above screenshot

1589145910538.jpeg

PD: If anyone needs the Mikrotik config send me a DM
PD2: router model is Mikrotik hAP AC2 and I'm connected by 5ghz WiFi (DFS Channel)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Connection 100U/100D Mbs Jazztel ISP (South East of Spain). Got good result in download and bad in upload (probably because of COVID) now still morning 08:15am, probably will get a bit lower speed... I usually got 100/100... anyway it depends also in the site and location of the site test, in other Spanish test sites I'm getting better results in upload...

1589177569155.png

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Mine has been holding constant at 75 down using the outdated UK hybrid system, they digging the roads up outside for FTTP available soon (couple of weeks) so things will improve - However quality & consistently of connection with no dropouts are preferable to unstable fast?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.