Is your Internet slower?

Member Chat
63 Replies 15,728 Views

Is your Internet slower?


  • Total voters
    56
I haven’t had internet speed problems for our actual connection, but some download servers are definitely slower, while others seem normal (which makes me think it’s not really my service). Also pings are higher, especially playing online games.
 
I observe slowdowns from the normal measly 5 Mb in my building to around 3 Mb (per speed test) during peak hours. It's noticeable when trying to watch a video or download a large file. I've been using Free Download Manager to make the best of a slow connection and usually wait til midnight to download larger files.
 
Italy :D


1589104838875.png
 
Speedtest is not much reliable because it'll often connect to a local server of your ISP which give you the illusion of higher download speed than you may actually get on your daily browsing.
This is what I get on Speedtest by default. Lol, this is the download speed I get if I download something from my ISP's FTP servers, never on regular browsing.
5.png

fast.com is reliable and gives you the accurate speed. This is what my poor internet speed actually is,
2.PNG
 
Last edited:
Speedtest is not much reliable because it'll often connect to a local server of your ISP which give you the illusion of higher download speed than you may actually get on your daily browsing.
This is what I get on Speedtest by default. Lol, this is the download speed I get if you download something from my ISP's FTP servers, never on regular browsing.
View attachment 239368
fast.com is reliable and gives you the accurate speed. This is what my poor internet speed actually is,
View attachment 239367
Okay, thanks, I added my fast.com score.
Something not right there, I get a better upload than my ISP gives me 🤔
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top