• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Due to the current worldwide situation, I know this may be the likely cause.

Both on Fibre Internet and 4G mobile data connection, I definitely have noticed slower loading time, not loading at all, more errors when connecting to webpages etc.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I haven’t had internet speed problems for our actual connection, but some download servers are definitely slower, while others seem normal (which makes me think it’s not really my service). Also pings are higher, especially playing online games.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I observe slowdowns from the normal measly 5 Mb in my building to around 3 Mb (per speed test) during peak hours. It's noticeable when trying to watch a video or download a large file. I've been using Free Download Manager to make the best of a slow connection and usually wait til midnight to download larger files.

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016
Italy :D

1589104838875.png

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
My speed test has gone down (Like above has said, do to more users I guess) It depends on time of day ,right now 6:15 Am its blazing
PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps
but in afternoon my download Mbps went to 235. Apx.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Speedtest is not much reliable because it'll often connect to a local server of your ISP which give you the illusion of higher download speed than you may actually get on your daily browsing.
This is what I get on Speedtest by default. Lol, this is the download speed I get if I download something from my ISP's FTP servers, never on regular browsing.
5.png

fast.com is reliable and gives you the accurate speed. This is what my poor internet speed actually is,
2.PNG

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Speedtest is not much reliable because it'll often connect to a local server of your ISP which give you the illusion of higher download speed than you may actually get on your daily browsing.
This is what I get on Speedtest by default. Lol, this is the download speed I get if you download something from my ISP's FTP servers, never on regular browsing.
View attachment 239368
fast.com is reliable and gives you the accurate speed. This is what my poor internet speed actually is,
View attachment 239367
Okay, thanks, I added my fast.com score.
Something not right there, I get a better upload than my ISP gives me 🤔

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.