Danger Itachi Sempai's security config for grandmas

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
yea yea i know that it is risky but it is risky to download unknown software from torrents... there are more or less famous crackers who are not spotted in shady activities like kpojiuk or diakov i download soft from there "official" webpage :D https://diakov.net/ it has much fewer risks then downloading something from torrents... every pirated software is not the same

p.s. i cant abandon our long national tradition of pirating :cry:

- then you will be held responsible for the fall of PC of your grandma... no more and no less...

wake up

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
So probably the Windows is also a pirated version? If so, then I have a simple solution. Use only Shadow Defender and no antivirus. The system is already compromised. But still, your grandmother will be protected against getting a persistent adware.:sneaky::devil::sick::coffee:

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
God, wake up, fellow! It's as Opcode said, it is devastating is that this system is allegedly for your grandma D: Someone needs to tell his grandmother about this vulnerable setting, what did you do for her to use G_G

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
It is very strange to watch the pirate asking people how to be safer against other pirates.:)
Edit
I know that life in Georgia can be strange for people from western countries, but anyway MalwareTips is not a forum where pirating can be thought as a good thing.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I cannot blame people from Georgia, that pirating software is a normal thing there. I suspect that buying Windows is many times more expensive than in western Europe, as compared to people's salaries. Probably, there can be even some non-criminal crackers/hackers there. I can understand this, but MalwareTips is not a forum in Georgia, so I cannot simply say that pirating is OK.:(

D

Deleted member 65228

I don't understand anything?:confused:
Original Poster is trying to setup a configuration for his/her grandma, so he/her decided to: compromise the system with pirated content (including the security software which is supposed to be there for protection), and prevent updates to software system-wide (because he/her does not believe it will provide a benefit to the overall protection of the system).

What the Original Poster clearly is not aware of, is that cracks often work by changing the data within the targeted binary; adaptations to a binary which was officially compiled by the vendor the software came from. What can this entail ? Instability and introduction to additional vulnerabilities.

None of it really makes any sense.

Itachi Sempai

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 20, 2017
- then you will be held responsible for the fall of PC of your grandma... no more and no less...

wake up
so you presume that since the software is pirated then it contains a malware? why do you think that?

i am using pirated software all my life and not a single PC has fallen because of it

So probably the Windows is also a pirated version?
name a single security difference between pirated windows and legally boughtt one

D

Deleted member 65228

so you presume that since the software is pirated then it contains a malware? why do you think that?
He/she hasn't presumed anything; you presumed that he presumed that the software automatically contains malicious code because it is pirated.

name a single security difference between pirated windows and legally boughtt one
Here's three.

1. Potential increase in instability.
2. Potential increase in the introduction to new vulnerabilities.
3. Potential increase to becoming infected.

Itachi Sempai

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 20, 2017
Here's three.

1. Potential increase in instability.
2. Potential increase in the introduction to new vulnerabilities.
3. Potential increase to becoming infected.
i can add another one

4. Potential increase in alien abduction probability (aliens might not like humans who dont pay for what they get)

but potential and hypothetical scenarios are not interesting for me... windows 7 is out from 2009 and all the people have been activating it with DAZ loader... has there been a single instance when new vulnerability or infection vector was added to the system during this 9 years? i need some concrete facts to check them

D

Deleted member 65228

i can add another one
4. Potential increase in alien abduction probability (aliens might not like humans who dont pay for what they get)
I'll give you a real point for the fourth one since you're so enthusiastic about it.

4. You likely would not trust someone who has just robbed a bank. Why would you trust someone who is trying to help other people steal paid software?

but potential and hypothetical scenarios are not interesting for me... windows 7 is out from 2009 and all the vulnerable people have been activating it with DAZ loader...
Do as you please, but just remember that it could be down to your irresponsible actions when something like your grandma ends up having your potential future inheritance stolen from her in broad-daylight happens.

Edit:
I give up with this thread, I'm un-watching from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The pirated Windows can be modified in the way that will be invisible to security software. For example, it can have a built-in rootkit, invisible low-level keylogger, SMB protocol with a hidden backdoor, a driver that infects EFI system partition, and so on. The computers with such Windows can be used as spamming machines, for performing DDoS attacks, stealing credentials, etc.
Maybe you can be right that not all pirated Windows are so bad. You can also close your eyes and walk across the street, believing that all drivers are the cautious ones.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Original Poster is trying to setup a configuration for his/her grandma, so he/her decided to: compromise the system with pirated content (including the security software which is supposed to be there for protection), and prevent updates to software system-wide (because he/her does not believe it will provide a benefit to the overall protection of the system).

What the Original Poster clearly is not aware of, is that cracks often work by changing the data within the targeted binary; adaptations to a binary which was officially compiled by the vendor the software came from. What can this entail ? Instability and introduction to additional vulnerabilities.

None of it really makes any sense.
Not if I understand, what I do not understand. That it is contradictory to request security with the Pirates programs. And I do not get scared because I used it a long time ago, but it's not the right way.

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
windows 7 is out from 2009 and all the people have been activating it with DAZ loader.
We talk about two slightly different things. Pirated pre-activated Windows images, downloaded from torrent sites, and Windows installed from original installation media and activated via DAZ loader. Now I understand why you do not like to update Windows. Some updates in the past broke DAZ loader. Anyway, you forgot about something. DAZ loader can be exploited because it is so popular in Georgia, and then Microsoft will not push the patch.

Last edited:

Itachi Sempai

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 20, 2017
The pirated Windows can be modified in the way that will be invisible to security software.
it definitely can... but does it?

its same to say that i can go outside with a hammer and kill a girl... possibilities are wast but what matters is not what i can do but if i do this

@Opcode
robbing a bank and stealing software is not the same because in bank scenario robber threatens other peoples life if they dont obey. while software cracker is helping people to get something for free... if i could i would be a cracker just for fun

but just remember that it could be down to your irresponsible actions
:unsure: hmmm... if i look around, people have no protection at all: no antivirus, no UAC, no updates, no security awareness just nothing its windows 7 sp0 without anything to protect it (and small portions of win8 and win10) and most of them are doing pretty well... but if i install pirated shadow defender, update windows till January 2018, install antivirus and some additional software to block any nonwhite listed code then it would be a demise

i would like to make a bet on that claim

D

Deleted member 65228

If I look around, I see an awful configuration which is flawed and has been setup by a thieving pirate who lacks knowledge in security (who also thinks they are invincible and that threats do not exist in the real world) and is likely to get hit with an infection during 2018. Let me guess, the fault will be Microsoft's? Shadow Defender's? Grandma's? LOL.

Robbing paid software is stealing money. Using pirated content is the same as using content from an unknown source because the content is no longer official.

There are free alternates to premium software most of the time, which come from official vendors and haven't been touched by unknown individuals.

Smh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tim one

Itachi Sempai

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 20, 2017
@Opcode
and i see just hypothesis that pirated windows could be vulnerable and preactivated software could have vulnerabilities... there are a lot of coulds and ifs in your post but no facts

i can configure my system and dont update windows at all it will be just windows sp1 with no updates and all the other software will be pirated do you think that someone on this forum will be able to infect it?

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
it definitely can... but does it?

its same to say that i can go outside with a hammer and kill a girl... possibilities are wast but what matters is not what i can do but if i do this

@Opcode
:unsure: hmmm... if i look around, people have no protection at all: no antivirus, no UAC, no updates, no security awareness just nothing its windows 7 sp0 without anything to protect it (and small portions of win8 and win10) and most of them are doing pretty well... but if i install pirated shadow defender, update windows till January 2018, install antivirus and some additional software to block any nonwhite listed code then it would be a demise

i would like to make a bet on that claim
I have a brother who has Windows XP with Eset, and was never infected. Does this prove that your grandma will not be infected using XP with Eset?
I know many people that do not insure their homes and are happy. Does this mean that your grandma is safe when doing the same thing?
I can see your thinking. It is better for grandma to travel in the car without using seat-belts, than walking in the middle of the street and avoiding cars. You know that using the seat belts can probably save your grandma life, but the probability of traffic accident is not so big to be worried. Furthermore, most people in Georgia are walking on the street, and many of them can avoid cars.:alien:

D

Deleted member 65228

Nice configuration!

No suggestions to add, looks great. Good Anti-Virus product is being used, UAC/SS is enabled which is good to see, you're using Windows 10 with the latest updates to block out those old attack vectors and you have a nice backup solution.

Absolutely stunning. Blew my mind away! :love::love::love:

Reactions: tim one

Itachi Sempai

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 20, 2017
I can see your thinking. It is better for grandma to travel in the car without using seat-belts, than walking in the middle of the street and avoiding cars.
well yea thats my point... having a seat belt is good but if you need to travel to japan to by the belt then its not worth it... you guys can afford license and you do but here its beyond fantasy for average person to buy the software that can be obtained freely... if someone has a very large business then maybe just maybe he will buy windows for factory PC-s but this claim is questionable

Nice configuration!

No suggestions to add, looks great. Good Anti-Virus product is being used, UAC/SS is enabled which is good to see, you're using Windows 10 with the latest updates to block out those old attack vectors and you have a nice backup solution.

This what you wanted to hear? There you go.
thanks i appreciate your response will deploy it right away :cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.