RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
We live in a world where we are mostly forced to hide our emotions, and we have to deal with them ourselves, privately. Whoever you are, wherever you are, you need to know it's ok to be sad, it's ok to have issues. You aren't less of a man or less of a woman for it (or less of anything). You matter, you are important, and you are loved. Whatever you're going through, you're not alone. If you need to unleash emotions, frustration, anger, sadness, you can share it in this post, if it makes you feel better. We are here for you.

If you need to see a therapist, please do it. If you need help, get it, talk to someone who can help.

I'm gonna start in the next post.

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I feel frustrated because in my job, I'm not treated the way I should. People underestimate my capabilities and expect little from me, like if I were a child. I'm often treated like one, and many times feel like my opinion doesn't matter. This makes me angry as hell many times. I have been looking for a new job reciently and hopefully I will be able to quit this one.

Also, I am sad, I miss my best friend a lot and he's not coming back, I have a hard time accepting this even though years have passed. I hope to reunite with him once my time comes.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Suppressing any emotion is bad-- you have to let it out. Sometimes though, I'm so ineffably sad, it's hard to keep my composure in public. So here's a little story.

MTA city workers (bus drivers, subway workers, etc) have thankless jobs. They're paid OK but at any given time, they're vulnerable to hate speech, spitting, punching and spraying w/toxic substances. They have to be ever-vigilant for fights, people getting stuck in doors and whatever.

I got off the subway one time and something spontaneously compelled me to give a tiny-happy wave to the conductor as the train was leaving. The smile on her face was like the sun breaking out of the dark clouds. It lifted my spirits so that I'll never forget that small incident.

It's absolutely a matter of choosing the right moment, but if you live somewhere where there are city workers grimly doing their jobs with shoulders hunched, think about giving one or more a sincere few words of kindness or a kindly thumbs-up or wave. Chances are: you'll get back more than you gave. :)

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I think Bruce Lee said it well in this quote
4719cac9c82428c8f1a7dc1bd005e8f3.jpg

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
depression is bad though
Depression is like any other curable illness and it says that something is not okay with you. So you need to treat it. Its completely curable, you can ( surely will) be free from it after the treatment. Depression is okay but not getting the right treatment is bad, most modern medicines are available for it and contradictory to popular belief you may not need life long medication at all, you can stop the medication after a year or two and with proper rehabilitation and it will not recur at all. So depression is not at all bad, it can happen to anyone, just like cold gets to you. Be brave and face it with the help of proper medication and support from your family members.
I've been living on antidepressants most of my life because my life is perfect:oops:
We are all with you, may God help you to overcome the difficult times

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.