Default - Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Firewall protection
Custom - Provided by a third-party security vendor
Account privileges
Administrator account
Exposure to malware
No malware samples are downloaded
Real-time Malware protection
Comodo IS with Custom settings, custom vendors white list ( only 50 in my list- anything else will be sand-boxed automatically), Adguard in system level, NVT EXE Radar Pro in lock down mode and simple dnscrypt in https mode.
Periodic scanners
Zemana, eek..
Browser and Add-ons
Chrome with lastpass, adgurd, Cydec anti fingerprint,HTTPS everywhere and auto history wipe.
Privacy tools and VPN
Adguard and cydec
Maintenance tools
wise care 365 (giveaway edition)
Photos and Files backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard and windows image backup Along with one drive as always on sync.
File Backup schedule
Once or multiple times per month
Backup and Restore
AOMEI Backupper Standard and windows image backup
Backup schedule
Once or more per month
Computer Activity
  • Online banking
  • Browsing the web and checking emails
  • Streaming movies, TV shows and music from the Internet
  • Shared computer is used by other family members
  • Office and other work-related software (Work from Home)
  • Computer Specifications
    Dell 7520 laptop with I7 3612QM, Amd radeon 7730M, 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ ram, 250 GB SSD and 1TB hard disk.
    Staff notes

This setup may cause performance issues, system instability or conflicts between programs, and can hinder the effectiveness of all installed antivirus products.

JoyousBudweiser

Level 8
    Verified
    Having CIS with those settings, do You really need NVT EXE Radar Pro in lock down mode? :unsure: :unsure:
    I know..its way above overkill...just to satisfy my inner paranoid thingy...and my 9 year old daughter always gets irritated whenever she tries to install something from free cds she receives with her monthly kids magazine and she says " your laptop is old..nothing works on it".

LDogg

Level 32
    Verified
    If you have kids, then you should have a LUA, no excuses at all. Admin privileges should be left to yourself or a suitable other. Especially as you stated your kid tries to install multiple CDs from a kids magazine. Never know what PUP gets installed alongside this. I think CIS should be the only package installed, there is no need for NVT Exe Radar Pro at all. CIS + LUA should be sufficient.

Good config otherwise, sorry for the abrupt approach, but over paranoid thinking is also a security weakness on it's own sometimes. :p

~LDogg