Jul 2, 2019
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Comodo IS with Custom settings, custom vendors white list ( only 50 in my list- anything else will be sand-boxed automatically), Adguard in system level, NVT EXE Radar Pro in lock down mode and simple dnscrypt in https mode.
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana, eek..
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome with lastpass, adgurd, Cydec anti fingerprint,HTTPS everywhere and auto history wipe.
Maintenance tools
wise care 365 (giveaway edition)
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard and windows image backup Along with one drive as always on sync.
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard and windows image backup
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
Dell 7520 laptop with I7 3612QM, Amd radeon 7730M, 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ ram, 250 GB SSD and 1TB hard disk.
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup may cause performance issues, system instability or conflicts between programs, and can hinder the effectiveness of the installed antivirus products.

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Having CIS with those settings, do You really need NVT EXE Radar Pro in lock down mode? :unsure: :unsure:
I know..its way above overkill...just to satisfy my inner paranoid thingy...and my 9 year old daughter always gets irritated whenever she tries to install something from free cds she receives with her monthly kids magazine and she says " your laptop is old..nothing works on it".

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Definitely have your bases covered. A little overkill might not be bad with multiple users having access. I know how careless I was with my dad’s computer when I was a kid.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
If you have kids, then you should have a LUA, no excuses at all. Admin privileges should be left to yourself or a suitable other. Especially as you stated your kid tries to install multiple CDs from a kids magazine. Never know what PUP gets installed alongside this. I think CIS should be the only package installed, there is no need for NVT Exe Radar Pro at all. CIS + LUA should be sufficient.

Good config otherwise, sorry for the abrupt approach, but over paranoid thinking is also a security weakness on it's own sometimes. :p

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.