Solved JS:Adware.Agent.VTZ detected by Bitdefender

Steven Khoo

Thread author
Jan 7, 2017
Hi Experts,

My Bitdefender is notifying the following type of warning message every time I browse the Internet using Google Chrome.

The file C:\Users\baddog\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_0001ac is infected with JS:Adware.Agent.VTZ and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

Hope you could help me out.

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Steven

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    68.8 KB · Views: 5
  • FRST.txt
    76.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Malwarebytes-report.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 4

Steven Khoo

Thread author
Jan 7, 2017
Hi TwinHeadedEagle,

Bitdefender support provided this solution.

Shortly after, Bitdefender also released an auto update over the air which has seem to resolve the problem. Thought I'd share the info here for the benefit of others.

Regards,

Steven

Phillygwm

Mar 2, 2019
Thanks. This was driving me crazy for the past week. Appreciate the information, it seems to work!

Update: It SEEMED to work. When I went to reactivate my extensions, I noticed that the alerts came back. I believe I've isolated the issue to Flash Player. I've deactivated that and all seems to be OK again.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.