Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Your BullGuard protection is transitioning to Norton

Recently, the BullGuard brand, products, and services became part of NortonLifeLock, alongside brands like Norton and Avira.

Now, BullGuard products and services are transitioning to Norton, meaning people everywhere can benefit from award-winning Norton protection.

Please note: With this change we have stopped selling BullGuard products and services, and we will no longer support BullGuard products following this transition.

Over the coming months, BullGuard customers will have the opportunity to migrate to a more robust Norton product at no additional cost.
I’m looking to buy a BullGuard product/service, but I’m only finding Norton products/services. Why is that?

As of July 25, 2022, BullGuard products and services are no longer available for sale.

We invite you to meet Norton — the #1 top-of-mind Cyber Safety brand globally.* Norton is trusted by millions of people around the globe and offers a robust portfolio of products and services to help keep you Cyber Safe, including Norton™ 360 Deluxe.

Why should I buy Norton products or services? 

Norton is the #1 top-of-mind Cyber Safety brand globally — trusted by millions around the globe — and offers an award-winning portfolio of products and services to help keep you Cyber Safe.* Some of the best BullGuard features are now found in a number of Norton offerings.
Click here for all important information about Norton products and services.

*Global data based on an online survey of 11,379 adults in 14 countries conducted by Savanta: MSI on behalf of NortonLifeLock, October 2021.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
This news makes you wonder about the future of Avira, Avast and AVG.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
RIP BullGuard, I liked you a lot....

original.jpg

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
This news makes you wonder about the future of Avira, Avast and AVG.
This article is from aug 21 (old) but i don't think they will kill the free versions from avast/avira ?? ...
There is still BD free (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
This article is from aug 21 (old) but i don't think they will kill the free versions from avast/avira ?? ...
There is still BD free (y)
And Kaspersky (Security Cloud) free.

From that article:
Going forward, we may see the merging of antivirus code bases that I mentioned. It’s possible that the Norton name may get added to product branding. One or more of the independent brands might even disappear over time. But in the short run, I don’t expect users of Avast, AVG, Avira, or Norton to notice any significant changes.
We could have an Avast/AVG/Avira by Norton as free version with all the same code base, a kind of Norton Free.
With advertising, that if you want to improve protection, you can pay for Norton.
Only time will tell, but it is not a good sign that BullGuard stops to exist, or like @Popolitus said, went PC Tools...

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
This is the email I received this morning. Norton are releasing a new antivirus called Norton GO Antivirus.
BullGuard products and services are transitioning to the award-winning Norton brand

BullGuard and Norton are now part of one company, which means we can offer our customers upgraded protection with more advanced features to keep you Cyber Safe in today’s evolving digital world.

As a result, your current BullGuard subscription will soon be migrated to an upgraded Norton product - Norton™ GO Antivirus. This is an early notification, and you will continue to receive updates from us about this important and exciting transition.

Rest assured, your protection will continue uninterrupted. Norton technology is trusted by millions of people around the globe and blocks thousands of threats every minute. For more information, please refer to our FAQ.

• What happens to my current BullGuard subscription?
You will continue to be protected and there will not be any additional costs to you, but your original BullGuard subscription will change to a new Norton subscription.

• When will this happen?
Within the coming weeks. You will receive additional communication from us before the process begins.

• How long will my new subscription be for?
The length of your current subscription will not change. The time remaining on your current BullGuard subscription will be kept and transitioned to your new Norton subscription.

• Do I need to change my BullGuard account?
No. You will receive access to your new Norton account which you will be able to easily access with your existing BullGuard credentials.

• Do I need to do anything?
No, the product migration will be automatic, and your protection will be uninterrupted.

• What will be included in my upgraded product?
We are excited you will soon meet Norton™ GO Antivirus!

With Norton, you can count on decades of experience and a proven track record of keeping people safer every day. Our Norton Go Antivirus provides real-time threat protection against malware, spyware, ransomware, phishing, and other online threats. Game Optimizer keeps your game uninterrupted and safe.

Through built-in Password Manager you can generate, store, and sync all your passwords to log into any site more securely.
Still have questions? Feel free to reach out to your customer support team.

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Sad news , liked Bullguard while i used it.

but whatever WD is good enough.
Yes I see more and more people stick with MD. It works good and it is part of the OS. That unfortunately, killed many of the smaller antivirus companies.

Reactions: roger_m

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Have any BullGuard customers already migrated to Norton? I have a 1 year license on my BullGuard account and I still haven't received any notification

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
Have any BullGuard customers already migrated to Norton? I have a 1 year license on my BullGuard account and I still haven't received any notification
I have a 6 year license. I didn't receive any message either.:)

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
It has been reported that by the end of the month the majority of old BullGuard customers will be directed to Norton.

wirred

May 28, 2022
Hello.I have Bullguard VPN 1 year on my phone and Bullguard free version on phone too.What will happen? They will move to NordVPN ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.