Advanced Security Junglist's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Dec 8, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Internet Security
Windows Security
Ghostpress
Oxynger KeyShield
Device firewall
Custom security settings
Kaspersky Internet Security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Antimalware (free)
Malwarebytes (free)
Emsisoft Emergency Kit (free)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Firefox 107 x64
HTTPS Everywhere
uBlock Origin
NoScript
Password and passkey manager
None
Maintenance tools
IObit Uninstaller (free)
File and photo backups
Macrium Reflect (free). Local drive
I am still learning how to set this up. I think I will make a full back-up image once a month and an incremental back-up once a day. I have some old Adobe software I don't want to lose. I don't think the updates will install from Adobe servers if I install the software from scratch.
System recovery
Macrium Reflect (free)
I am still learning how to set this up. I think it will involve a boot disk?
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
Computer specs
Dell Precision T3500
Xeon W3520
MSI GeForce GT 1030
Samsung M391B5673EH1-CF8 x6 (12GB)
C:\ Samsung SSD 850 EVO (250GB)
E:\ Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (1TB)
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

I've yet to get a virus.
Don't count on your luck. Posting your security config is a risky thing.If some attacker wants to target you, he will know exactly how to evade your detection mechanisms.
Kaspersky, like BitDefender, reserves detection of fileless attacks for their corporate customers. I suggest you add OSArmor to counter this threat.
 
Last edited:
Don't count on your luck. Posting your security config is a risky thing.
Kaspersky, like BitDefender, reserves detection of fileless attacks for their corporate customers. I suggest you add OSArmor to counter this threat.
This is not correct. For example, take a look at this test:
 
There is no point in combining Kaspersky with other security software. Kaspersky's protection is already very powerful on its own and in its default setting :)

(I put Voodooshield on my PC because I have a lifetime license^^ )
 
Your combo of Ghostpress and Oxynger KeyShield is great (y)

Is your Oxynger KeyShield the Premium version? If yes, does it have a list of protected software or it works like Ghostpress to work globally? If it's the former, then where to find the list of protected software

Thanks
 
As always the best protection for keyloggers etc. is to keep them off your system. Programs such as Oxynger or Ghostpress may work when a keylogger gets installed on your system, but who wants that? Who can guarantee that they work 100%? Its just best to keep them off your system using a good AV and a secondary option such as OSArmour or Voodoo Shield.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top