K2021.3 (MR3) testing ends...

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

What is going on with kaspersky security cloud free? They told me that i had exceeded the number amount of "free licenses" but when i log back into my Kaspersky and remove devices it's still telling me that i have to many devices this is whacked?????
Or you can simply create another account with an alternative email address.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Also, available in Portuguese.

Kis still don't like Sumo, always asking to uninstall the application.

1614813959912.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
21.3 / Wats New:

What's new​

Kaspersky created a special version of the application for residents of the U.S. state of California. If you are a resident of the U.S. state of California, you need to download and install this version of the application.

The following new features and improvements are introduced in Kaspersky Internet Security:

• Improved Web Anti-Virus component:
    • Improved notification texts that warn about attempts to visit phishing or potentially phishing websites.
    • When HTTPS traffic scan is off, Kaspersky Protection extension carries on the protection.
  • Improved interaction between the user and Technical Support. The application now contains a link to Technical Support chat (not available in some application versions).
  • Improved notification about entering an activation code that is already in use.
  • Fixed vulnerability issue that used to appear when creating Mozilla Firefox browser files.
  • Updated the installer icon consistent with the new brand style.
  • Improved license expiration window.
  • It is now possible to go to My Kaspersky light version directly from the application.
  • It is now possible to hide removable drive scan window.
  • Added support for Microsoft Windows 10 21H1.
  • Fixed vulnerability issue of arbitrary file deletion when saving the application operation report for Technical Support.
  • Fixed vulnerability issue of arbitrary file deletion when deleting service data and application operation reports.
  • Improved search for incompatible software that prevents Kaspersky Internet Security to work correctly.
  • Implemented the "Do not Disturb" application mode. In this mode, the application does not show some notification types if the user is occupied.
Functionality that was removed in the current and previous versions of the application

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
So once again, I guess this has to be installed manually as in download from their website?

EDIT: I just downloaded it manually and did a clean install. Not sure if it was necessary or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
using since yesterday noticed no difrence between 21.2
That's good, for me also no issues noticed and if you read post 26 you see that there were some vulnerability issues fixed and this version supports now officially supports Microsoft Windows 10 21H1 coming out soon.

razorfancy

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 27, 2016
At least with Kaspersky Security Cloud Free v21.3 if I turn off HTTPS traffic scan it will not detect https sites(*1) even if the Kaspersky Protection extension is enable

*1 - I test with the eicar site and some phishing sites from PhishTank.

@harlan4096 Can you please clarify this change made in the new Kaspersky version:

"When HTTPS traffic scan is off, Kaspersky Protection extension carries on the protection."

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have not much info about that 🤔 but I guess one thing is to disable HTTPS (so no HTTPS scanning), and a different thing is "When HTTPS traffic scan is off, Kaspersky Protection extension carries on the protection"...

razorfancy

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 27, 2016
I have not much info about that 🤔 but I guess one thing is to disable HTTPS (so no HTTPS scanning), and a different thing is "When HTTPS traffic scan is off, Kaspersky Protection extension carries on the protection"...
That doesnt make any sense to me, how can https traffic scan be off without being disable?
I post a topic asking about this on the Kaspersky forum, if they give me a answer I post their reply here.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.