Kaspersky 21.2 is signed! Testing ends.

Julian RO

Level 3
Oct 10, 2019
They removed that transition animation? That's a bit sad. I liked it, even though on my laptop it was a bit laggy.
The last version who still has the setting to turn off the transition animation is 21.1

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I also put Kaspersky Cloud Free on my girlfriend's laptop. I removed Kaspersky VPN (we are using BulletVPN) and HTTPS scaning plus extension (using smart screen in Edge).

Running Kaspersky Cloud Free with Configure Defender on HIGH (enables ASR rules) and Simpel Windows Hardening (adding SRP for risky file extensions except EXE and MSI),

Last edited:

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Is there a way to turn off background scan and rootkit scan? That thing is eating my laptop battery again and is VERY annoying.

I didn't find the option anymore to do that on the recent version.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
@harlan4096 know that one :D
He posted that info before somewhere on this forum.
I believe it was in the scan settings on the page where you can launch the scans.
Sorry for not being clearer I have no Kaspersky installed at the moment.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Is there a way to turn off background scan and rootkit scan? That thing is eating my laptop battery again and is VERY annoying.

I didn't find the option anymore to do that on the recent version.
Click on Scan in main GUI window:

1612550880547.png

Gear wheel icon:

1612550899358.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.