Battle Kaspersky antivirus vs Emsisoft

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Want to know from your vier point whats are better behavior blocker kaspersky antivirus or EAM . I refer paid versions, if kaspersky have another thing like TAM or something likethat tell me i want to know from your view point what is the best in behavior detection

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Add a poll.

Emsisoft depend on Bitdefender engine for their detection combined with their own BB and their "Network" which is basically a cloud. Very basic settings.

Kaspersky AV offers more functionality and features notably rollback of malware actions, KSN, combined with their excellent signatures.

If you go Kaspersky route, I suggest you to either use Kaspersky Free instead of Antivirus, or purchase Internet security. Antivirus version doesn't add more than Game Mode and web repetition over the Free one.

You should also try each on your system and see which works better for you before you make the purchase, both products offer 30 day free trial.

Last edited:

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
Add a poll.

Emsisoft depend on Bitdefender engine for their detection combined with their own BB and their "Network" which is basically a cloud. Very basic settings.

Kaspersky AV offers more functionality and features notably rollback of malware actions, KSN, combined with their excellent signatures.

If you go Kaspersky route, I suggest you to either use Kaspersky Free instead of Antivirus, or purchase Internet security. Antivirus version doesn't add more than Game Mode and web repetition over the Free one.

You should also try each on your system and see which works better for you before you make the purchase, both products offer 30 day free trial.
Kaspersky Free has no behavior blocker

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
So, what are you getting at, that Kaspersky can't be trusted because it comes from Russia that has a lot of malware?

Kaspersky is a great manufacturer of security solutions but ppl tend not to trust Cloud AV scanners since data gets streamed back and forth across the internet. Plus the media that tries to burn reputation cause they come from Russia and ppl listen more to that then to research.

As much as I know Kaspersky wants to open the code base to the public to assure confidentiality.

Link: Kaspersky Opens Antivirus Source Code for Independent Review to Rebuild Trust

Best regards
Val.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
I was told once that Kaspersky or anything from Russia or China couldn't be trusted because they had viruses. My uncle told me this, and he also knows stuff about computers. The AV's that he likes to use are AVG (because he thought it was the most trusted) and PCMatic (because he saw a commercial that said good things about it). He is also the reason why I don't like downloading a lot of programs and why I haven't used multiple On-Demand scanners until recently.

LoL - U know AVG is a Czech company ;) that was bought of by AVAST. (Used to use the Kaspersky AV do not know if they still do)

But never trust commercials - Here in the MalwareTips Community if you get involved in researching you will learn allot of things about AV-Scanners in general. Gain Inspiration and Knowledge on how they work and what would be optimal to use.

Test things out and judge by experience what type of AV you want to trust and what not. ^^

Experiment and share your findings here. PPL here are super friendly and can give you advice on what to pay attention to. You will find security experts, power users and members that are happy to be a helping hand. :D

Best regards
Val.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I was told once that Kaspersky or anything from Russia or China couldn't be trusted because they had viruses
The country or the product?
Kaspersky has uncovered some of the most sophisticated threats, most originating from the NSA.
The recent campaign to smear the company is a witch hunt.

It's your choice to use what you want and I can respect that:)

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I was told once that Kaspersky or anything from Russia or China couldn't be trusted because they had viruses. My uncle told me this, and he also knows stuff about computers. The AV's that he likes to use are AVG (because he thought it was the most trusted) and PCMatic (because he saw a commercial that said good things about it). He is also the reason why I don't like downloading a lot of programs and why I haven't used multiple On-Demand scanners until recently.

HA-HA-HA ! Do you know where is your motherboard and most of your PC components made in?

You should program the BIOS of your PC yourself, maybe they are infected by PCC bootkit ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.