Which is the best Antivirus for Real-Time protection (Heuristic / Behaviour)?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
All security with real-time protection provides good protection, but it comes down to you, as the end user.

The question should be "Are you good enough to protect your own PC without getting infected with malware?"

Because you cannot be dependent on a security solution to save your behind from Ransomware or Malware, if you ignore the warnings.

I vote for, not one, but all options.

There are threads here that you can read up on also, because there is no best. Nothing is best. :)

How to choose "the best antivirus"?

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
All security with real-time protection provides good protection, but it comes down to you, as the end user.

The question should be "Are you good enough to protect your own PC without getting infected with malware?"

Because you cannot be dependent on a security solution to save your behind from Ransomware or Malware, if you ignore the warnings.

I vote for, not one, but all options.

There are threads here that you can read up on also, because there is no best. Nothing is best. :)

How to choose "the best antivirus"?
hi, I see
thanks for the advice, yes they provide good protection but I want to see which behavior or Heuristic blocker is better( i think there is best:D)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I vote for f-secure cuz I used avast and now I'm using F-Secure, I can see deep guard is very aggressive
I consider avast as Avg, Truly I think Avg is better than avast but avast bought Avg:/
If you already had a "best personal preference" then you posted this and wasted all our time, and
never really needed our input ?
That won't happen again I promise you ;)

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
If you already had a "best personal preference" then you posted this and wasted all our time, and
never really needed our input ?
That won't happen again I promise you ;)
i want to improve:D I'm using fs protection(beta), I want to know what is the best real time protection between all and decide
also I wanna see others opinion, and I need your input

Reactions: AtlBo

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I'll go for Kaspersky invariably for behavior protection and complementary behavior control (restrictions), followed by Bitdefender.
BD also has a very impressive behavior blocker ie. ATC, sometimes better than Kasp (and you know, sometimes the opposite), but I consider usability and configuration abilities very important and BD lacks both.
Emsisoft has my vote for guys who can handle enough behavioral alerts and have a good conscience here when taking decisions.

As far as heur is concerned — Avira, Kasp and BD (not sure about ESET though it has one of the best definitions) are all in the front, probably in the same order.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.