Which is the best Antivirus for Real-Time protection (Heuristic / Behaviour)?

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Baidu AV is still 2015?

Baidu Antivirus 5.0

Is their AV and Internet Security Suite free?
The GUI hasn't been updated since 2015 and they say its "free forever." I don't use it personally but their cloud engine interests me as a scanner. It's similar to Qihoo in a lot of ways and on Virustotal its usually one of the first to detect new samples in the Malware Vault. Always see Baidu and Kaspersky on 8/60 detections etc.

For the poll I voted Bitdefender btw. For automated protection i'd go with Bitdefender or Avast. For more control and paying attention to alerts Emsisoft or Comodo probably give better protection.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The GUI hasn't been updated since 2015 and they say its "free forever." I don't use it personally but their cloud engine interests me as a scanner. It's similar to Qihoo in a lot of ways and on Virustotal its usually one of the first to detect new samples in the Malware Vault. Always see Baidu and Kaspersky on 8/60 detections etc.

For the poll I voted Bitdefender btw. For automated protection i'd go with Bitdefender or Avast. For more control and paying attention to alerts Emsisoft or Comodo probably give better protection.
Better stay away from Baidu

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-safe-to...s-and-also-allow-Chinese-Govt-to-spy-on-users

Its performance is not impressive either

Baidu Antivirus 2015 Review - Free Chinese Software

Reactions: AtlBo

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Hey @public enemy, the results you're seeing here are for the best realtime protection in terms of Behavior Blocker and Heuristics, NOT the best effective/resultant realtime protection.

This can also be said from the fact that most users, including me, have voted for BD, Emsi, others, but Comodo has received lesser votes - because of the parameters mentioned to be considered (BB and Heur).
FYI many users here consider Comodo FW as one of the best (probably the best) protection though some of them might not be using it because of a few usability issues and bugs. It's tough, pretty tough to crack!

You can find many informative threads here on CFW or CIS and how to use it in Proactive mode for ultimate zero-day protection using its auto-sandbox and more.
You can find a famous CFW setup by @cruelsister here and check it out for yourself. Just keep away from CCAV for now.
I think this is moreso a popularity contest. There's no Avast so avast won't win here. Guess what's next.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I think this is moreso a popularity contest. There's no Avast so avast won't win here. Guess what's next.
Might be true as well..
Had Kasp, Avast, Norton etc be listed, then they would have secured good no. of votes.
Norton has been doing quite well in MH and people who've used it in recent years do like it a lot when appropriately configured.

The OP had an agenda when he created this thread. That agenda is revealed in posts #3 and #10 = he created the thread to see how many people would reply "F-Secure."

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
The OP had an agenda when he created this thread. That agenda is revealed in posts #3 and #10 = he created the thread to see how many people would reply "F-Secure."
i created this thread to see which one is better, IDC about F-Secure I want to see which real-time protection is better

i created this thread to see which one is better, IDC about F-Secure I want to see which real-time protection is better

In a thread like this you will not find any kind of meaningful consistency of opinions. Besides, 99.99 % of the people that reply "AV\Internet Security Suite X" have never actually tested the product against malware, malicious websites, exploits, etc.

Asking "Which AV is best ?" is virtually a futile endeavor. People's opinions can give you a decent perspective on usability, bugs, support and such.

For performance and protection capabilities I would also review MT Malware Hub and AV Lab test results and then consider all of the data in its "totality."

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
In a thread like this you will not find any kind of meaningful consistency of opinions. Besides, 99.99 % of the people that reply "AV\Internet Security Suite X" have never actually tested the product against malware, malicious websites, exploits, etc.

Asking "Which AV is best ?" is virtually a futile endeavor. People's opinions can give you a decent perspective on usability, bugs, support and such.

For performance and protection capabilities I would also review MT Malware Hub and AV Lab test results and then consider all of the data in its "totality."
I didn't ask which av is best. I'm asking which Heuristic / Behaviour blocker is best! cuz I want an av with good real-time protection, IDC about the signature. I can replace it with an on-demand scanner,but i can't replace behaviour blocker with anything

I didn't ask which av is best. I'm asking which Heuristic / Behaviour blocker is best! cuz I want an av with good real-time protection, IDC about the signature. I can replace it with an on-demand scanner,but i can't replace behaviour blocker with anything

Asking "What is the best Antivirus for Real-Time protection (Heuristics\Behavior) ?" will generate the same, identical thread results as asking "What AV is best ?"

Just look back through each of the thread replies posted so far. Only two hint at actual testing of the products while all the others do not state any real-world experience or observations of heuristics\behavior (monitoring).

The replies you are getting are merely very basic opinions. I'm just pointing out that you should keep that in mind.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Aside from the above, youtube reviews would do you better because at least you can see them. You know what you're looking for so it would be relatively easy to find one. You can see cruelsister's video for example.

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I think OP is looking for an opinion if there's other better product than F-Secure based on behaviour blocker.
And to confirm that his choice was correct.

Forum drama? :cool:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Asking "What is the best Antivirus for Real-Time protection (Heuristics\Behavior) ?" will generate the same, identical thread results as asking "What AV is best ?"

Just look back through each of the thread replies posted so far. Only two hint at actual testing of the products while all the others do not state any real-world experience or observations of heuristics\behavior (monitoring).

The replies you are getting are merely very basic opinions. I'm just pointing out that you should keep that in mind.
I wish @Jack would put a stop to these threads, they are just above spam threads in my opinion, they appear about every 60 to 90 days. We aught to have enough info and wisdom archived here that if the inquisitive do their homework the answers they seek are here already without this type of "Opinion" thread. JMHO

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.